The Customizable Music App Apollo from CyanogenMod 10 Is Now On The Play Store!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sHQ2iIfbSBN2MV6mSfGe509Sf_rlm7EEbizz60kGd2yiUc8oiFa1ckh776OeLIxg7Q=w705

Do you love the Apollo app but don't want to have to install Cyanogen Mod to enjoy it? Then you are in luck. The Cyanogen Mod Team has made their highly customizable music app available for all on the Google Play Store. You can support the CM team and remove adds by dropping a measly .99 on the paid version, however it will add no more functionality to your music experience. The features list for this app is pretty long. Some main features include the abiltiy to pin album, artist, playlist or genere to the homescreen, customizable themes and layouts, lyric support, mark songs as favorites, text and voice search, auto album and artist image fetching, gapless playback, plays most music formats, lockscreen controls, lockscreen music management and more. Lots of new features are also in the works!

Hopefully CM plans to bring their other custom apps like torch and file manager.

Via Droid-Life

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I wonder if that means the one that is built in to CM10 will no longer receive updates... because the screen shots in the Play Store have it blacked out, but the one on my nightly is not. If they're going to update the Store version more often than the compiled version, then it shouldn't be built in (especailly if they're going to move to ad-supported)...

And so y'all know, it does not support Google Music's Cloud, because Google hasn't opened that door yet... It only plays music locally

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
I wonder if that means the one that is built in to CM10 will no longer receive updates... because the screen shots in the Play Store have it blacked out, but the one on my nightly is not. If they're going to update the Store version more often than the compiled version, then it shouldn't be built in (especailly if they're going to move to ad-supported)...

And so y'all know, it does not support Google Music's Cloud, because Google hasn't opened that door yet... It only plays music locally
Looks like the white is now a separate theme. TBH the black looks a lot nicer..
I didn't even know the built in one was ever updated :/

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I don't think they've updated it for a while... that's why I don't think they should include it in the builds if they're going to have a better, more frequently updated version available in the Play Store... otherwise the one that comes with the Rom would show up in the "update" category everytime you flashed the nightly, or overwrite the Play Store version if you downloaded it.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised this player can feature ads and pay to disable. If they built it from scratch please forgive me for pointing the finger, but it feels like a revamped Play Music built on top of Google's original framework. Again, correct me if I'm wrong there.

MIUI tested, mother approved.