Texts Resend after Each ROM Upgrade

mrz123

Reaction score
Some of my text messages resend when I flash a new ROM, and it is really starting to piss my friends off!

How do I get rid of this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Stop changing Roms....:D

Really I have no idea, I just tell people to deal with it...mine sends the last 3 or 4 that I send that day before the switch..

OP
M

mrz123

Reaction score
Haha, NO WAY

At least someone is having the same issues. Any solutions out there?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Stop changing Roms

Ha...that's a good one

This happens to me too, during the initial 2.1-2.2 transition when RomManager was acting crazy, I would try to restore a backup and end up having to "touch the Android to begin" all my themes were there just my settings were AFU and all day I was sending out old texts, people were texting me back WTF? Finally I flashed an older backup and reformatted my SD and RomManager started working again, this was on BB 0.1....during that madness I cleared my messaging history and I haven't experienced it since and I have went to BB 0.2 and BB 0.3

MPTP

Reaction score
I thought I was the only one to have this problem... happened to me 3 or 4 times before I started backing up/deleting texts before flashing.

I was on CM at the time, and every time I'd upgrade it would resend all texts sent over the previous 24 hours. I always assumed it was handcent but I never pinned down the root cause. After annoying my friends a bit, a wipe and clean install stopped them from resending and it hasn't happened again in the 2 months since.

nagmier

Reaction score
It happened to me a couple of times but doesn't seem to happen when I do a full wipe, I could be wrong though it has been a while but I certainly did notice it at one point my wife thought it was weird she would get messages from the day before (I blamed VZW lol)

korp

Reaction score
My phone does it as well .... the texts are usually from like the day before too so it's very annoying.

bdholsin

Reaction score
Not trying to me a smarta$$ but just wanted to throw out the possibility of deleting your sent messages before a ROM upgrade. Just a thought.

korp

Reaction score
Not trying to me a smarta$$ but just wanted to throw out the possibility of deleting your sent messages before a ROM upgrade. Just a thought.
The point of not clearing data/cache is to keep messages and apps .... kinda defeats the purpose if you just delete the sms threads.

bdholsin

Reaction score
I figured there was a good reason to keep the data...I tend to keep my Droid a bit lean and free of my old data. It was just a thought.