Texts deleted (even locked ones)

homecatmom

Reaction score
My daughter just HAD to have the Droid. She locks many of the texts she receives to keep information for future use. Her phone has been erasing all her texts including her locked ones. She has been to the Verizon store (not too much help available there..:( ) She was even sent a refurbished phone because they couldn't isolate the problem. It is still happening. Does anyone know how to remedy this? Thanks for any guidance.

Kedash00

Reaction score
the phone has a set amount of memory for different parts of the phone, ie. messages, emails, programs. The text part has the lowest amount of avaliable memory so if it goes beyond the allocated memory it will wipe all the text out. Only way to prevent this is to keep the text kind of cleared out

get it on!

Reaction score
I've been experiencing the same problem. Ask her if it pops up something like sms.android force close, or handcent force close. VZW will be of no help for this issue, I can tell you that now. Now, all your daughter got is a used phone that will undoubtably have other issues that creep up.

I just posted a thread about this (it appears under yours) "sms force closing"

I'm thinking all we can do is wait for a software update :icon_evil:
also, I found from another poster's thread, when the warning for force close pops up, dont click "ok", instead pull the battery and restart the phone. I haven't tried this yet though.