Text to wrong person

Sites

Reaction score
I heard about the problem with texts going to the wrong person, but just had it happen for the first time. Text went to someone that I'd never texted before and while replying to a previous one. Using stock app.

Sent from my ADR6400L

DroidXCBR

Reaction score
Handscent stops that. No fix for the stock messenger that I am aware of.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Kittysback

Reaction score
Handscent stops that. No fix for the stock messenger that I am aware of.

I can attest to this. I downloaded Handscent a few days ago, and have not had any issues. My stock texting would also lag after a while (usually once every day or every other day) to where I'd have to reboot the phone to fix it. Handscent has stopped this also (at least so far).

SkippyBoy217

Reaction score
Lol its like what happened to me. I sent a dirty love message to my girlfriend and instead of it going to her, my phone sent it to my friends brother hahahaha...what an amazing experience

MrKleen

Reaction score
This happening is totally not acceptable.

Never heard of this happening on gingerbread so it may be time to upgrade!

badmeat

Reaction score
I haven't had mine do it in several days now...probably a few hundred texts and all have went to who they go to.

luckwld

Reaction score
I've had this happen to me a lot as well. I'm not familiar with Handscent. Is that just another app for sending text messages? Does it retrain the ones you have already sent, or do you start over and don't have the history of other text messages?

bassJAM

Reaction score
I never realized this was a phone issue...I just thought I had picked the wrong person out of the list. I sent a message complaining about one of my friends, and "somehow" the message was sent to that friend. Talk about awkward, especially since I was at his house getting ready for a weekend trip with him.

nateccnn

Reaction score
It's not an issue with the phone or with the OS...it is God looking down on us making sure we are completely honest, upfront and trustworthy. When you send dirty messages it is his way of punishing you for being a perv. When you talk negitive about a friend he is trying to tell you to be nicer to your friends. LOL

I started using Handcent cuz I'm not a very good Christian either. It does retain your histroy. I just wiosh I could uninstall the stock app so I don't have to chose between the two every time I want to text.

Nate

pyro6128

Reaction score
Just make handcent the default and you won't have to choose anymore

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sites

Reaction score
Yea, I'm going to try that app. Way too dangerous to send to the wrong person.

Sent from my ADR6400L

rtb

Reaction score
The Handcent skins looks like crap. Cheap ripoff of the iphone text.

manning68

Reaction score
Message to wrong person

It happened to me using Handcent, so I don't believe that App fixes the problem. The only way I've been able to fix is to re-boot the phone. This should not be happening, is there a fix?

billyberu

Reaction score
I have her no problems what so ever using GO sms.great app and many themes on android market.also use go launcher and go dialer.