Text notification problems

jeffedge

Reaction score
I've seen this asked here once or twice but never really got the answer I was looking for so I figured I would sign up and ask.

I have the HTC Eris from Verizon. My friend has the Motorola Droid. He found a soundboard through the apps, and set one of the sound clips as his text notification. Example: When he gets a text, a clip from Grandma's Boy comes on and says "Woah, chill bro. You know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion is here."

So I asked him how he did it. He told me he just went to the soundboard and held down on whatever clip he wanted and a popup came up and asked him if he wanted to set it as a ringtone or as a notification. This popped up for me too, and I set it as a notification, only it doesn't play when I get a text. It'll play if I set it as a ringtone though, which is not what I want.

Now, when I go into Sound & Display, then go into Notification Sound, it gives me the option to select the clip I had added. But the clip only plays when I plug in my phone to my computer. I have also noticed that when I set any other default tone that came with the phone in this, it also doesn't play when I get a text. It's some weird beep that I have never found a list for to change it.

Where is the option to change text notifications, not notifications for when I plug it into a computer and what not?

OP
J

jeffedge

Reaction score
bump

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What's funny?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk