Text Messaging Issues

Bhowell

Reaction score
I am having issues sending out text messages and receiving them. The phone will reject every 3rd or 4th message and then I have to resend. Incoming texts are even worse, I have to wait hours to receive texts. If you dial *228 option 2, it will manually pull them in. Basically, the texts will come in every time you make an outgoing phone call. I have had to do this since I got the phone on the 15th.

ncnickels

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I have a trouble ticket in after speaking with customer service reps 5 times, taking the phone to the store once, and having it wiped three times. Still not working. Waiting to hear back about the trouble ticket, but it's probably a hardware issue, not the network.

yoshie34

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I've spent a great deal of time with Verizon support and they don't return calls and can't give any answer. Only, "we're working on it". I hope they get this issue resolved soon, it's getting old really quick.

Snagem

Reaction score
Texts not received without active call

I also purchased the phone on the 15th and have had the same issue, only receive majority of texts when call is active... I happen to be in an extended network, are you??
*228 doesn't make the problem any better for me other than bringing in my texts like an active call does...

I'm frustrated!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am having issues sending out text messages and receiving them. The phone will reject every 3rd or 4th message and then I have to resend. Incoming texts are even worse, I have to wait hours to receive texts. If you dial *228 option 2, it will manually pull them in. Basically, the texts will come in every time you make an outgoing phone call. I have had to do this since I got the phone on the 15th.

As a rep for Verizon, I apologize for the trouble you're having and yes, its a known issue with the X and the Ally. Its a baseband issue as those models have different ones than others do. There's an update coming...SOON to fix the issue!