Tethering

Droid.Ninja

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question but will using usb tethering screw my data charges or anything and if not what tethering app is best. I have unlimited data plan but im just concerned about if there is anything I should know before giving this a try.

Sent from my DROIDX

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
PDAnet is what I use. No issues with data. I use it but don't abuse it

OP
D

Droid.Ninja

Reaction score
Well im in the military and with where I am right now...there are no hotspots or signal....what would your opinion of abuse be? How much is too much?

Sent from my DROIDX

KHeeney5

Reaction score
You'll be fine. Just don't exceed 5-10 gb per month. Make sure you are rooted. I use Wireless Tether for Root Users from the market. The Root makes Verizon unable to detect the tethering.

jbird133

Reaction score
Sorry to post in the tethering subject, new to the forum and can't figure out how to start a new tread.
Are there any software to have enterprise management of Droid-X users like BES for blackberry? Any help on this subject would be much appreciated.

www3

Reaction score
You'll be fine. Just don't exceed 5-10 gb per month. Make sure you are rooted. I use Wireless Tether for Root Users from the market. The Root makes Verizon unable to detect the tethering.
Does the "root" actually keep verizon know if you are tethering when using PDAnet?

Mont

Reaction score
Does pdanet use wifi if you have your phone set to it with a signal or is it using your 3G no matter what? Basically being a bridge between a wifi hotspot and your laptop.

I doubt because im switching back and forth and don't notice a difference just checking.