Temps are Out of control

jbrock98

Reaction score
Guys I thought it was just my charging cord(the one that came w/ my phone) making my cpu get up past 50*C, then I thought it was just doing in on shadow rom, then it started up w/ sapphire when I charged it but now my cpu temp is just gettin hot (fail safe warning w/ setcpu) while looking at taptalk, checking twitter, email...yada yada not even playing music or watching vids...stock kerenl also, the problem seems to not be happening while on UD but haven't spent much time on it since incognito/invertnito color series came out but none the less, what can I do??? I'm burning up & I don't want my droid to fry and have to get a d2 or sumthing

Sent from my HOT HOT HOT Droid using Tapatalk

lweisman

Reaction score
My Droid X used to overheat, and it actually shut itself off once.

Verizon replaced my battery and while my phone still gets warm it doesn't overheat. Try that! If that's not it, maybe you're over-running the phone with a bunch of stuff? Is your battery draining fast?

OP
jbrock98

jbrock98

Reaction score
I'm not over using it at all, just tonight all I was doing was texting, gtalking, & tweeting & I got my fail safe warning cpu temp 51*C

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lweisman

Reaction score
Hmm. Verizon'll want to replace your battery. Definitely try that before you fry your phone! It worked for me.

Good luck!