temperature worries

stemo

Reaction score
Lately my rezound has been getting up to around 118 in the heat department. This is with my extended battery and my stock battery.

Is there anything that can be done to help keep the heat down or should I worry?

HowardZ

Reaction score
When I play movies from phone to the via mhl using mx player, mine can get that warm.

Often I put the phone into airplane mode which keeps it cooler and I don't want phone interruptions anyway.

If outdoors on a hot summer day the phone can get even hotter.

In general, turn things off that you aren't using. Gps wifi data LTE etc

drew96dawg

Reaction score
It shouldn't hurt it. Android has a built in cooldown mode and I think it comes on at 130.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pleased mine only gets up to 117 now. With Gingerbread it would easily top 135 in a short time if downloading anything large over 4g or watching a video. 117 takes a bit to get up to and it's the highest it's gone since ICS pushed onto it. Extended battery FWIW

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

drew96dawg

Reaction score
One day I forgot I was overclocking and watched a netflix over wifi and It shut off at 150 I didn't turn it on for a day because I thought I had fried it

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One day I forgot I was overclocking and watched a netflix over wifi and It shut off at 150 I didn't turn it on for a day because I thought I had fried it

Don't quote me on this, cuz I don't know from experience, but I've read solders can start to melt at 140f

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

HowardZ

Reaction score
Years ago when I used to work on volkswagen bosch engine computers I used this solder

Kester 24-6337-9700 | Solder Wire

I did not select it; my boss did.

I still have a pound of it in my home.

Melting temperature is 361 F. though I set my soldering iron to a significantly higher temperature for quicker melting.

Last edited:

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
There is NO WAY this phone will get hot enough to start melting the solders inside of it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

marioval

Reaction score
There is NO WAY this phone will get hot enough to start melting the solders inside of it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Not true, get your facts straight before posting. I put mine in the oven for 19 minutes on 475 and watched a netflix movie and it melted.

acejavelin

Reaction score
Not true, get your facts straight before posting. I put mine in the oven for 19 minutes on 475 and watched a netflix movie and it melted.
LOL... that is awesome! What did you watch? Backdraft? The Towering Inferno? Volcano? Firestorm? Knowing? :icon_ devil: