Technical question about phone memory and applications?

Daragonis

Reaction score
Hey all I just had a quick question about the phone memory, I have a motorola droid and I was wondering what effect applications have on the speed and performance of the phone.
I downloaded Google Earth the other night and was appalled to find it was 23 mb, reducing my phones internal storage to 21%. Will that slow down my phone? Along with other larger applications? Google Earth is a fun tool and semi useful but honestly I can live without it if its going to bog down my phone at all.
Thanks for your help ahead of time! :)

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Apps shouldn't really slow down your phone. The Droid manages memory pretty well. I deleted Google Earth because it was taking up too much space. But I was way below 21%. You should be fine.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, your phone has 2 different storage areas, one for the system and one for apps. The internal storage space it's referring to is the apps storage space. Even if you filled that up, you technically should not see a degraded performance due to that effect.

OP
Daragonis

Daragonis

Reaction score
gotcha

Ohh alright I get it. Thanks a lot guys just didn't want to needlessly slow down my phone lol, I love this big fat brick too much xP