[TECH] Android's Internal Task Killer - and the effect of modifying it (ROOT ONLY)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the AutoKiller app have an automatic setting to be used when you reboot?

It has the option re-do your settings after a reboot, if that what you mean? lol Also it has preset shortcuts that you can put on your desktop for fast access lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going to give Auto Memory Manager a try. Right now I have hidden applications set to 50mb, content provider, 55 mb and empty application at 70 mb.

Be interesting to see how this works as far as battery performance goes. I'd like to see other peoples settings as well.

Guy's I apologize for my earlier response. I misread Hook's comment. I mistakenly thought that there was already some setting on the phone that allowed one to modify. Duh!

I just downloaded Auto Memory Manager. In addition to the hidden, content, and empty settings one can change foreground, visible, and secondary settings.

What are most of you setting the last three to?

Mike

jmilljr24

Reaction score
Ive been using autokiller. It has built in presets you can choose from and i've only used the "optimum" setting so far.

Hidded apps - 40mb
content provder - 50 mb
Empty apps - 60m

Good so far. Might try something a little more aggressive in a few days

Droidlicous

Reaction score
Going to give Auto Memory Manager a try. Right now I have hidden applications set to 50mb, content provider, 55 mb and empty application at 70 mb.

Be interesting to see how this works as far as battery performance goes. I'd like to see other peoples settings as well.
since i didn't know how to set it on my own, i used the setting that you posted and i have noticed much better battery life today. i'm still at 70 percent. normally, with the same use, i would be at 50. i don't know how it works, but i like it.:)

This is what I set mine too! its late at night and my phone will be on the charger soon, so I will give an update tomorrow evening!

droidenator

Reaction score
^^ great idea. :)

Here is Auto Memory Manager, the app I referenced in my post:
chart

Here is MinFree, another choice also written by one of the guys that was working to uncover this information:
chart

Here is AutoKiller, another option also on the market:
chart

Enjoy guys! :)

how do i use those bar codes

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
^^ great idea. :)

Here is Auto Memory Manager, the app I referenced in my post:
chart

Here is MinFree, another choice also written by one of the guys that was working to uncover this information:
chart

Here is AutoKiller, another option also on the market:
chart

Enjoy guys! :)

Check barcode scanner in the market. Shop savvy will work too.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Check barcode scanner in the market. Shop savvy will work too.

+1, I use barcode scanner exclusively for scanning stuff like that. I've read that google goggles does it took but it seems like it's take longer since you're taking a picture of the thing then scanning it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Logan3824

Reaction score
Anyone got any updates on their settings and how well its working? I'd love to get this narrowed down. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

OP
DroidxRage

DroidxRage

Reaction score
I'm using auto memory manager, here are my settings:

6 Foreground
8 Visible
16 Secondary
52 Hidden
62 Content
70 Empty

I find I usually hover around 50-60mb free now, but I think it's in part because of Memory Usage Plus program, as I have that also set to auto-kill certain apps when their Memory Priority gets up to 500 (Empty). Ever since the last update of that app to include Auto-Kill, my memory has been at 50-60 all the time, vs the 30-40mb free it used to hover it.

handyman0425

Reaction score
I am rooted running Bb 0.4 and my wife started getting update from VW now I really don't want to do this I don't want to lose wireless tethering. How can I stop this so I stop getting this install reminder I'm new so please help me out step by step

jakelights

Reaction score
Great idea. Anyway. Where can i access the preset shortcut that i can put on my desktop?

It has the option re-do your settings after a reboot said:
Sent from my XT720 using Tapatalk

TexasRules777

Reaction score
Wow tried out Autokiller with optimum presets and instead of 30-45 mb free i now have like 70 plus!! I use Seepu to check my ram and cpu use on my notification bar and instead of yellow most of the time (using ram,cpu,etc) it's all green. Thanks guys for the info..seems my droid is running alot smoother :)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Set my last three levels at 55,65,75, I'm going to see how or if this affects my battery life, I hope it does in a good way, but I did noticed that after locking my phone and unlocking it afterwards, my memory was at 98mb free, so an increase there but not to the point where all my memory is freed up, which I heard isn't a good thing either so so far so good I guess