Teach me about killing apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belome

Reaction score
So, I was looking for a case for my D2 and the verizon guy was spouting off about an app killer and how I should run one (I told him my battery gets killed pretty quickly when he asked how I liked it) On his DX he has it kill all apps as soon as the screen goes blank. His quote was, if I don't have the phone in my hands then I probably don't give a rip about any apps that are running.

So... the quesiton is... is that true? I still want to get phone calls and text messages, but I don't need facebook auto updates and such. Should I do this? What are potential ramifications of killing all apps like this.

Sorry for such newb questions, this is my first andriod. If there are better places with more answers like a FAQ for the D1 that would teach me things I'd be willing to look.

pool_shark

Reaction score
So, I was looking for a case for my D2 and the verizon guy was spouting off about an app killer and how I should run one (I told him my battery gets killed pretty quickly when he asked how I liked it) On his DX he has it kill all apps as soon as the screen goes blank. His quote was, if I don't have the phone in my hands then I probably don't give a rip about any apps that are running.

So... the quesiton is... is that true? I still want to get phone calls and text messages, but I don't need facebook auto updates and such. Should I do this? What are potential ramifications of killing all apps like this.

Sorry for such newb questions, this is my first andriod. If there are better places with more answers like a FAQ for the D1 that would teach me things I'd be willing to look.

From what I've read and a little of what I've experienced, there are some apps that you can kill and the OS will respawn them.
I don't know if task killers will keep them down or not.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
closed up....

take a look at the link that aaf709 provided that is the most comprehensive all in one thread on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.