Tasks, Memos and Calendar

fzaytoun

Reaction score
Hi -

I just got my Droid X today. I am switching from a Blackberry Storm. 2 features of the storm that I use daily are the memo pad and the task lists. Does anyone know of any good apps to download for these 2 items and, most importantly, can I txfer my data from my Storm to my Droid?I would also like to txfer my calendar.

iPirate

Reaction score
Memopad, try OI Notepad

Tasks, you can find google tasks on your phone at mail.google.com/tasks and on your PC at gmail.com. this makes it easy to sync them

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Astrid is a good task manager. It integrate with Android Agenda pretty seemlessly to the point you can add & edit tasks directly from the AA widget.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you would need both a task list and a notepad....Seems redundant to me.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Tasks, you can find google tasks on your phone at mail.google.com/tasks and on your PC at gmail.com. this makes it easy to sync them

I see this in gmail.com, but how do you get those task to show in the phone? I have no access to task thru gmail on my phone that I can see.

OP
F

fzaytoun

Reaction score
thanks

thanks for the advice. Any idea on how to txfer data from my storm to my droid?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Export to CSV (use Desktop Manager and the ASCII importer/exporter). Import the CSV to your Google calendar.

Honestly, I'm not sure why you would need both a task list and a notepad....Seems redundant to me.
Apples and oranges IMO.

Last edited:
OP
F

fzaytoun

Reaction score
My task list is my "to do" list. and my memo pad is different lists ie grocery list, Christmas gift list, etc, etc..

Cyberpolice

Reaction score
You will enjoy your new phone. You can use the Mobisle Notes. It's a great application. For the calendar app. You have a Motorola Widgets that you can use that will display your calendar on the screen. You can try that.
Do you have a SD card in you blackberry? You can try tranfering your information using the SD card. I am not sure if it's going to work.

OP
F

fzaytoun

Reaction score
Thanks, cyberpolice! I wll def. try this out! I will let u know how it turns out!

solar

Reaction score
I use DoIt, for my task list, it works well. I use Note Everything Pro for my notes/memos program. I imports many types of data which is nice and you can make tect notes, pic notes, voicenotes, scribble notes.

OP
F

fzaytoun

Reaction score
CSV file

Does anyone know of a task app that I can import a CSV file into?

olaf.ohman

Reaction score
The Swiss army knife

B-Folders can handle memos, tasks, contacts, password among other things. It has a desktop component that syncs nicely with the phone. The last version can import memos, task and contacts directly form BlackBerry backups Switching from BlackBerry to Android
It just works with no bells and whistles.