Tap Here To Start

truckbutt

Reaction score
Sometimes when I download an update or application from the market and reboot my phone, my Digital Clock Widget is replaced by a rectangular box with the words, "Tap Here to Start". The phone doesn't do anything when you do what the box says. In fact the phone doesn't work. When I reboot once or twice, the box goes away and I get my Digital Clock Widget back and the phone works normally. Does anyone know what's going on?
Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when I download an update or application from the market and reboot my phone, my Digital Clock Widget is replaced by a rectangular box with the words, "Tap Here to Start". The phone doesn't do anything when you do what the box says. In fact the phone doesn't work. When I reboot once or twice, the box goes away and I get my Digital Clock Widget back and the phone works normally. Does anyone know what's going on?
Thanks.

This is a guess. An educated guess but still a guess. I think you probably have an app that's interfering with the widget. Resetting shuts down the app and the widget comes back.

ballmore

Reaction score
I dont know what's going on but when I have a problem with my widgets I: drag them to the trash bin and then I repost them to my screen. sometimes I will have to wait a minute or 2 before the info shows back up but it usually does the trick. I hope that helps.

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
Can anyone explain where the false message "Tap Here to Start" is coming from? It's not a part of the clock widget application.

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
There is no Task Killer Running.
What app might need an update?
Thanks.

ballmore

Reaction score
if this widget is from the market then email the app developer. If they let you know what's up then get back on here and let us know.:reddroid: