Tap and Pay

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Finally got around to installing Google Wallet on my S5 and trying out Tap and Pay now that Google managed to do an end run around Verizon and their ISIS/Softcard garbage.

Worked like a charm at Walgreens, only problem now is CVS (where I regularly indulge my Maker's Mark addiction) has dropped NFC payment support in order to push their horrendous CurrenC project along with WalMart, et. al. Seems like the consumer just can't win when it comes to this mobile payment stuff. :(

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
CVS (where I regularly indulge my Maker's Mark addiction) has dropped NFC payment support in order to push their horrendous CurrenC project along with WalMart, et. al. Seems like the consumer just can't win when it comes to this mobile payment stuff. :(

Don't even get me started...This is just annoying :mad: I just don't understand how when Apple came out with ApplePay then 'all of a sudden' NO MORE NFC! I can't tell you how many people are very upset that they weren't able to use their new iPhones at CVS. I was so tempted to say, "Imagine having access and then having it taken away."

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Yeah, it makes no sense whatsoever! Android has had NFC and Google Wallet for years now and it's been like pulling teeth to get companies to support this method of payment. Apple releases their latest iPhone with ApplePay and literally dozens of major retailers from Staples to Macy's jump on board and have it up and running in literally months.
Similarly car manufacturers have only supported Apple in their vehicles for years, until just recently. Android is finally starting to get some real integration in the automotive industry and its about time!

S5 tap'n