Taking Droid back today!!! >:(

Batfan

Reaction score
Worst phone ever...so far. Apps always force close. Even MESSAGING force closes. Phone freezes and locks up, try restarting it but it takes almost 10-15min for it to even turn on. If I try to open Messaging, it opens a different app. Shortcut buttons on my home screens never open. Phone NEVER saves my display settings, all around worst phone. When it works it's amazing....WHEN IT WORKS. Going to try and get a replacement. If not, I have no problem bashing this phone or getting a new one. We'll see :(

texasPI

Reaction score
Well, obviously you're in the minority. Hope the replacement works out for you as I have had NONE of the issues you mentioned.

Kwitt2009

Reaction score
my phone was having all sorts of issues too, but Verizon was very good about immediately replacing it without my suggesting that I be given a new phone. there are still bugs to be worked out, but overall I think it is a really cool piece of equipment. good luck to you!

Kwitt2009

Reaction score
by the way, the worst phone EVER was the Blackberry Pearl! I went through 4 of them before I got this one.

OP
B

Batfan

Reaction score
Yeah I know :(....all other people I know that have the droid say it works great...I really hope taking it back and getting a new one fixes the problem

NVash

Reaction score
Id say the worst phone ever is my old Sidekick LX, which had a great deal of the aforementioned problems, but thats just me. Sides, thats a different carrier, I dont think that counts.

Sorry for your problems and hopefully everything will work out with a replacement.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know :(....all other people I know that have the droid say it works great...I really hope taking it back and getting a new one fixes the problem

Hope that works out for ya too. There def are issues but you shouldn't be having such major problems. Good luck!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately even the best companies will have lemons. I hope a replacement works for you.

benhebert

Reaction score
There are minor issues but it will get worked out soon

lauriep

Reaction score
Good luck! It has to be the phone. Too many of us, like me, have had few, if any force closes, and almost no problems of any other sort. Certainly not like what you are experiencing!

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Good luck bro, Hope you get another Droid and stick with it. I know I have problems with mine but I think mine are user issues not the phone. I think I keep messing with it and getting things out of whack.(sometimes its the nut behind the bolt) I do experience some force closes but not many. Remember this is a new device and software. Nothing is perfect. With time I think Motorola and Google will get alot of the bugs or problems fixed and then we will have a better device. Right now we are the testers for it. Good luck in your quest.

I love my DROID!!!

ncage1974

Reaction score
can someone tell me what issues your referring to? I tried out a pre and there were issues also...issues that aren't still there today.

darkgreen

Reaction score
I hear this. I bought mine 4 and a half hours ago. It crashed 5 times on the 10 minute drive home (I wasn't driving). Since then maybe 20+ crashes (force close on com process typically). It also isn't downloading my email except maybe 1 item in 20. What the frack?!

Anomander

Reaction score
Sorry to hear a couple of you are having such issues. I would take it back too and get a replacement. Both my wife's and mine have worked fine since we got them. I expect a hiccup now and then since it is a new OS and hardware. I'm a bit more forgiving then what my wife is and so far she has not *****ed me out for getting the phones :)