Tablets

Diordna

Reaction score
Is the best tablet the Archros 70 (thats the newest one right?)?

And do you pay monthly for web and data and stuff or what?
And video calling good if you have whatever add-ons you need to talk (via skype ect)

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the Archos 70 too and would to like to know some more info also. Archos 70 only has 256 of ram right? Does anyone know if that hinders speed or multi-tasking? How does it compare to Galaxy Tab?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't think there's a lot of tablet users here. I've run across a few folks with iPads and a few, like me, with rooted Nook Color tabs. But it's not an everyday occurrence here yet. As you can see from me owning a rooted NC, I really can't help with your questions. I would imagine the Archos has some supporting forums over on XDA. I mean even the NC has sub-forums on XDA and it's not as mainstream as the Archos.

Good luck with your quest!! :)

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Archos yes but not the 70, the 101. If I was going to get anything now it would be that or the ViewSonic gTab (but they are more expensive and require ROMing to actually be useful). The 101 is a nice device (a friend has one so I've spent some time with it) but at this point I would wait to see pricing and release in of new tablets from CES (besides, the Archos haven't been in stock for months.... don't know that they ever will be).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is the nook color once rooted. Tried it in the store the other day and is nice. Can you play gameloft games on it and watch flash video once rooted? Does it have custom roms and what can it be overclocked too?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
How is the nook color once rooted. Tried it in the store the other day and is nice. Can you play gameloft games on it and watch flash video once rooted? Does it have custom roms and what can it be overclocked too?

It's supposed to be pretty nice after it's rooted. I think there are a few ROMs for it but can't tell you if they're any good (looked at getting my fiance one for xmas, went with the original Nook instead). At this point I'm waiting for at least pricing on newer tabs before I decide anything. Personally (for my needs) I won't get anything with under a 10" screen but I do a lot online for work so I need the realestate for function.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I just may wait to see what comes out in the next couple weeks. I am too impatient! Something with an hdmi out would be nice too, nook doesn't look like it has that.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just thought i'd let you guys know i got a Nook Color and rooted it. This thing is great and a very capable machine! Its worth more than its price once rooted. It does not have flash yet though or a hdmi out.

sent from my rooted nook color

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just thought i'd let you guys know i got a Nook Color and rooted it. This thing is great and a very capable machine! Its worth more than its price once rooted. It does not have flash yet though or a hdmi out.

With the new, functioning Clockwork things will develop quickly now. We even have an overclock kernel. It looks like almost everyone can use the kernel that goes up to 900 mhz. A majority of folks and use the one that goes up to 950 and a few lucky folks can use the one that goes up to 1000 mhz. Everything is "early days" so there should be some exciting stuff coming some.

There is a froyo rom that runs great off the sdcard. I'm sure someone will make it an update.zip real soon.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

With the new, functioning Clockwork things will develop quickly now. We even have an overclock kernel. It looks like almost everyone can use the kernel that goes up to 900 mhz. A majority of folks and use the one that goes up to 950 and a few lucky folks can use the one that goes up to 1000 mhz. Everything is "early days" so there should be some exciting stuff coming some.

There is a froyo rom that runs great off the sdcard. I'm sure someone will make it an update.zip real soon.

Awesome! I could definitely use some froyo. I am using the Auto Nooter rom now. I have registered over at androidtablets.net, is that a sister forum to this one? I saw the kernel but wasn't sure how well clockwork worked on the nook, maybe I flash it later. There looks like a bright future for the rooted Nook Color. I am excited!