system update fail on OTA 2.2 update

TexasHookem8

Reaction score
I was trying to download the OTA froyo 2.2 update this morning and when it rebooted a sign came up and said update failed. Anyone else have this problem that I am having. I know people say go back to stock, but my phone is stock and the only thing I have done to it is rooted the phone. Can anyone please help

twb136

Reaction score
You and I are having the identical problem. I even went back and changed everything I did to the original settings. Have you figured anything out?

twb136

Reaction score
flash the sbf and redownload the update.

Do you think if I do a factory reset then I will be able to get froyo? I don't really have much on the phone and I can just download the apps again. I just don't feel comfortable flashing the sbf because I don't really know what my issue is right now with not being able to update the software.

csantoro85

Reaction score
flash the sbf and redownload the update.

I am having the same problem. I un-rooted and changed my .bak's back to .apk's and it still did not work. I also have to inquire what do you mean flash the sbf and then re-download?

csantoro85

Reaction score
Would just doing a Factory Data Reset fix the problem? That SBF Flash stuff looks a bit too complicated for me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would just doing a Factory Data Reset fix the problem? That SBF Flash stuff looks a bit too complicated for me

I would try a factory data reset. If that didn't work I'd bring it to Verizon, it's their update let them fix it.

csantoro85

Reaction score
Yeah but my phone was rooted when I tried, so I figured that was causing the error in the update

huskur

Reaction score

I would try a factory data reset. If that didn't work I'd bring it to Verizon, it's their update let them fix it.

Yes it indeed is a Verizon update but he has root. Not really a Verizon issue at this point.

I would suggest as Hook said, the factory reset. If that doesn't work it looks as if flashing the SBF file is the only other option. Yes the SBF will get you back to "true stock" and you will be able to accept the 2.2 update.

Now, if you can hang on you will be able to flash a Droid X rom soon. Blackdorid is working on it now. That would leave you will root capabilites and have a unique blazing ROM for your X

Oh Yeah.....forgot one thing....

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I see. I also see that apparently people haven't got the word that if you are rooted the update won't take..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Similar to the problem I had when I updated my droid2. It checks everything and if something was missing or changed it failed for me. I would flash sbf back to true stock, as stated above, and then install the ota.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jjordo1

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem i have the bootstrap and clockworkmod flashed i am on 2.1 rooted saying the same thing "update failed" I think im just going to wait till a custom rom is up with official update i already went back to 2.1 after trying leaked 2.2 figured i would be able to just seamlessly update when official came out the devs that do the custom roms are genius's so ill use their stuff instead of motorola's

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I had the same problems with every post in here. I was rooted and had bootstrap. I tried to uninstall all rooted apps and unrooted. I tried to do a factory reset and it didn't work. I finally got the OTA to work after i flashed the SBF. So if you are rooted prolly gonna have to flash the SBF to get the OTA to be successful.