Syncing facebook contacts

puleohana

Reaction score
Anyone experiencing any problems with syncing facebook contacts? Since yesterday afternoon, I have been unable to sync and the message says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Can anyone tell me approximately how long that can take?
Thanks

zero7starz

Reaction score
Try updating the facebook app, uninstalling / re-installing it... pull out the battery and restart the phone... its the facebook app thats being dumb not your phone- facebook's android app is terrible :(

uidb5259

Reaction score
I have the same issue. It tries to sync for a minute or so then gives me a failure. I have removed the contact account and uninstalled facebook and started from scratch and it still does not work.

Eldroid

Reaction score
Yeah I tried the sync and thought that it went ok...saw all the profile pictures of my friends etc....but now those profile pics are gone and not showing on the contacts either...
Do I have to sync it all over again?

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I had the same issue last night. I didn't touch the facebook app. I just removed the account then re-added the account. when you get to that screen where it shows all your contacts and their pictures, either select which ones you want or select all and then hit save voila!

Eldroid

Reaction score
I had the same issue last night. I didn't touch the facebook app. I just removed the account then re-added the account. when you get to that screen where it shows all your contacts and their pictures, either select which ones you want or select all and then hit save voila!

OB1...thanks that works...apparently i scrolled down too fast the first time and i missed seeing the select all box...there it was right in front of me...cheers!!!

mickdroid

Reaction score
I takes about 2 years. LOL or so it seems sometimes when you decide to do something and the sytem is "experiencing difficulties". Next time my wife tells me to "get off the pot", I'll just tell her, "I am experiencing difficulties"!

uidb5259

Reaction score
Quick note...for tha above approach to work, you must have "sync Friends to Contacts" selected, then it will allow you to choose which friends you want to sync. Thanks to Facebook for giving us the option.

OB1J3D1

Reaction score

OB1...thanks that works...apparently i scrolled down too fast the first time and i missed seeing the select all box...there it was right in front of me...cheers!!!

Glad to be of service!

PsychoSimatic

Reaction score
When you add facebook, you can select all to add everyone, or pick manually. After that though if you add facebook friends, then it will NOT update them automatically. you need to click on the GET FRIENDS button when you hit the menu key in contacts. and it will suggest new facebook friends to add! hope this helps