Sync Notification Re: Deleting Contacts Won't Go Away

kasey.alexandra

Reaction score
I went through and deleted a ton of contacts this morning. Now, I keep getting a sync notification: "Too many contacts deletes." When I click on it it says:
"Delete limit exceeded.
There are 50 deleted items for contacts, account (my email). What would you like to do?
Delete the items.
Undo the deletes.
Do nothing for now."

Several times I have selected either delete or undo the delete but then notification comes back within a minute and will not go away. All the items are still deleted in my address book. Any suggestions?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Wife had this issue on her Eris.

Go to Home>Settings>Data Synch>Google> uncheck contacts. Wait a couple minutes then recheck. Then, once you get the error again go to Notifications> Too many contact deletes > Delete.

speeddemonz

Reaction score
Wife had this issue on her Eris.

Go to Home>Settings>Data Synch>Google> uncheck contacts. Wait a couple minutes then recheck. Then, once you get the error again go to Notifications> Too many contact deletes > Delete.

Worked for me then notification came back guess I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

robo2000

Reaction score
I went through and deleted a ton of contacts this morning. Now, I keep getting a sync notification: "Too many contacts deletes." When I click on it it says:
"Delete limit exceeded.
There are 50 deleted items for contacts, account (my email). What would you like to do?
Delete the items.
Undo the deletes.
Do nothing for now."

Several times I have selected either delete or undo the delete but then notification comes back within a minute and will not go away. All the items are still deleted in my address book. Any suggestions?

I had this problem from week two of owning this phone in may of 2010. I've never gotten the delete to work. But I just now realized that it has been keeping my phone from syncing contacts to Google.

I still can't get notifacations to go away, nor can I sync my contacts.