Sync Droid to Mac contacts......

jbirdawg

Reaction score
Any suggestions for syncing Mac contacts to the Droid? My Blackberry Storm had a desktop software set up for it and when I hooked my Storm to my macbookpro the software would immediately see it and I could click "sync" and presto. Email was no problem on the Storm either. Browser wasn't nearly as good.

jnev

Reaction score
if you use gmail, you can sync your mac address book with gmail.

OP
J

jbirdawg

Reaction score

I have gmail set up on my phone but that is the only place I use it, and so far, only because I can't reply to any of my incoming mail from my att/yahoo account. How do I sync my gmail account with my mac address book? Thanks for the reply.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have gmail set up on my phone but that is the only place I use it, and so far, only because I can't reply to any of my incoming mail from my att/yahoo account. How do I sync my gmail account with my mac address book? Thanks for the reply.

I'm not understanding. Did you not do the set up on the internet so that your email will work with gmail? I'd use your mac for that, it's just easier. It's in the settings.

OP
J

jbirdawg

Reaction score

I'm not understanding. Did you not do the set up on the internet so that your email will work with gmail? I'd use your mac for that, it's just easier. It's in the settings.

My main email is through att. I set up my droid to receive and send email from that att account. I can receive email from the att account but can not reply to that mail. So I set up a gmail account on my phone. At that point, I have no idea how to retrieve my contacts from my Macbook, and would welcome technical help here.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My main email is through att. I set up my droid to receive and send email from that att account. I can receive email from the att account but can not reply to that mail. So I set up a gmail account on my phone. At that point, I have no idea how to retrieve my contacts from my Macbook, and would welcome technical help here.

Set up your AT&T account as a POP3 account through Gmail. In settings go to your accounts and imports tab. Everything there is really self explanatory.

If you're using your AT&T account for responses you may need to set up your password on your phone too. I don't, I simply use gmail on my two POP3 accounts so they all come in as Gmail.

In order to sync your contacts I believe you will have to purchase The Missing Sync. It cost about 40.00. I'd look around first though, there may be a free one out there. I believe I have read about it in this forum

Hope this helps out.

Last edited:
OP
J

jbirdawg

Reaction score

Set up your AT&T account as a POP3 account through Gmail. In settings go to your accounts and imports tab. Everything there is really self explanatory.

If you're using your AT&T account for responses you may need to set up your password on your phone too. I don't, I simply use gmail on my two POP3 accounts so they all come in as Gmail.

In order to sync your contacts I believe you will have to purchase The Missing Sync. It cost about 40.00. I'd look around first though, there may be a free one out there. I believe I have read about it in this forum

Hope this helps out.

That sounds good. I didn't think you could forward att into gmail due to the yahoo/google conflict. My att account is yahoo related as I am sure you know. I hate to sound slow here but I can't figure out how to set up my att account through gmail. Unless that is what I have already done here. I have my att account set up on my phone but, if it is set up through gmail, I didn't know it. I will keep working on it. Man, the storm sure was easier to deal with.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hope this helps out.

That sounds good. I didn't think you could forward att into gmail due to the yahoo/google conflict. My att account is yahoo related as I am sure you know. I hate to sound slow here but I can't figure out how to set up my att account through gmail. Unless that is what I have already done here. I have my att account set up on my phone but, if it is set up through gmail, I didn't know it. I will keep working on it. Man, the storm sure was easier to deal with.

There's a learning curve for sure but once you get past it you'll be fine. See I didn't have any of these problems because gmail has always been my main mail account BUT I do have two other email accounts and I had to have them forwarded to gmail.

I hear you saying you have it set up on your phone, then you should have a gmail account on line and a password. Go to gmail.com. and fool around with it there.

Since you mentioned it I did see a thread saying "How to set up Yahoo for your Droid" or something like that.

Here I found this for you: Motorola Droid - Setting Up Yahoo Mail IMAP | Mobile Technology Deals and Help

That should get you up and running.