Swype on FRF83

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Is anyone's swype working on BB V3? I have tried JRummy's and BB's version of FRF83, and swype does not recognize my device as an adroid device. I assume that this is something that needs to be updated at Swype, but I would like to make sure that it isn't just me.

I can install it and use it as a keyboard, but it doesn't let me swype words.

Thanks

acef

Reaction score
Go into your applications and uninstall Swype, then use the Swype installer to reinstall it.

OP
N

ndhill1976

Reaction score
thanks

I used titanium backup to install it and thought it would be the same, but when you use the swype installer it asks you for your username and password.

Working now.

razorseal

Reaction score
thanks

I used titanium backup to install it and thought it would be the same, but when you use the swype installer it asks you for your username and password.

Working now.

yup. same thing with mobile defense... some things ti backup can't restore right

nagmier

Reaction score
I've got no problems, I wiped coming from bb v.1 tho and had to reinstall... I would suggest as others have uninstall and reinstall

les017

Reaction score
when does it say it doesn't recognize it as an android device?

+1

If you are getting this error when trying to download Swype via running the Swype installer....be sure to make sure your browser user agent is set to ANDROID.

Last edited: