Swype not working...

MNull

Reaction score
Anyone else having this issue? Or know how i can fix it? Downloaded the new installer and still no go

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Zataru

Reaction score
Swype was the first thing I reinstalled upon getting 6.1. I installed the installer, saw there was an update, updated, logged in, and then downloaded the most recent version of Swype. It was that easy, and worked flawlessly. So it's not Swype.
Maybe try uninstalling any version of swype you already have, uninstalling the installer, then downloading the installer from the website and install normally from there.

mursepaolo

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest installer and it didn't work.

OP
MNull

MNull

Reaction score
Ok I deleted it using Ti backup and went back into the swype installer...reinstalled and is back up and running.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a process outlined by the beta manager on the Swype beta forums that is always recommended for issues like this. It's basically:
  • Uninstall Swype
  • Uninstall Swype installer
  • Reboot
  • Download and install Swype installer
  • Install Swype

I think he recommends disabling Swype before uninstalling as well. You can confirm for yourself though, if needed.

Don't overlook those forums as a resource.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
has anyone run into this issue? every time i reboot my phone i have to re initialize swype.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you reinstall swype on a new rom you have to re license it. After its installed open installer again it should give you a message about licensing.

Sent from Tyler Perry's Row 11

mursepaolo

Reaction score
i just reinstalled it and it's working now. iono wtf happened. didn't reboot or anything. i just removed swype with appremover.

alanbk

Reaction score
make sure you wait after install for to get licensed

phazelag

Reaction score
I had to select it again in the installer after installation. Not in the settings keyboard, but actaully in the installer app.