SWYPE for Droid 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Swype is the best
Best is subjective. There are certainly those that don't prefer Swype (I'm not one of them). Try the other keyboard apps. You can't beat first hand experience for assessing these things.
I agree 100%. To be totally honest I have never had an issue with the stock keyboard, but when I tried Swiftkey I was blown away at how it *knew* what I wanted to say. If I get the chance I will try Swype, but right now I don't know how I would like "swyping". But I do want to try it out.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
i cant wait until they stop this beta crap and put up an offical release

Aram58

Reaction score
I signed up for the beta after it closed in like march.I just got an email sure the last official installer a couple weeks ago. So sign up, you may get in.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
It is my understanding from their wording, that they will not be selling it. Or releasing a final version to US. It is their intention to only release it on new handsets, not sell it to people with existing ones. We can only hope that they wont be so nazi about a leaked apk then. I wont hold my breath on that.

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It is my understanding from their wording, that they will not be selling it. Or releasing a final version to US. It is their intention to only release it on new handsets, not sell it to people with existing ones. We can only hope that they wont be so nazi about a leaked apk then. I wont hold my breath on that.

now that has me curious if they only plan on giving it to people that get new handsets, most all stores have removed the droid 1 from stock. meaning d1 is not likely to be a new handset. Why are they testing on d1 at all then?

Import roller

Reaction score
I had the slideit demo, and it is saying its $10 for the purchase (i think is way too much for a keyboard) and swype is nowhere to be found.

MNull

Reaction score
I had found colored ones the someone had done on another Droid forum and it works flawlessly. I dl'd the red one to match the Black Glass theme :D

MNull

Reaction score
I had found colored ones the someone had done on another Droid forum and it works flawlessly. I dl'd the red one to match the Black Glass theme :D

Just checked and it to was removed from the site. But I still have a working one :icon_ nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.