SWYPE beta

tech94

Reaction score
has anyone else downloaded the legitatmate offical swype beta for the incredible? i have it on my phone, but havent really had the time to play with it since ive been pretty busy working this week. i do notice that even though i have the stock keyboard running it has seemed to make my text entry seem laggy and slow. anyone else with similar experience?

4mpl1f13d

Reaction score
Nope working great.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk and swype!

kmo

Reaction score
has anyone else downloaded the legitatmate offical swype beta for the incredible? i have it on my phone, but havent really had the time to play with it since ive been pretty busy working this week. i do notice that even though i have the stock keyboard running it has seemed to make my text entry seem laggy and slow. anyone else with similar experience?

Where did you get the app? Looked for it in Market didn't see it....

kmo

Reaction score
Downloaded swypeincredible.apk to my laptop desktop, installed to my SD card via usb, opened it up in astro file manager (on my phone) but I can't install it. Astro opens it up ok just no install option. Googled up a bunch of tutorials but nothing works for me. Any help?

Edit: never mind got it...

Last edited:

rosariorose9

Reaction score
kmo,

Swype does not install like most apps do. You must instead go to menu/Language & keyboard/Swype. That's where it's activated. Once activated, go to any application which requires a keyboard, and tap and hold the text area. A box will appear with a choice for "Input method". Tap that, and choose Swype.

kmo

Reaction score
Well got everything to install. When I try to use swype it says my trial period is over, what? I did switch the input mode too for swpe. Now what... it will tap but not swype?

rosariorose9

Reaction score
kmo,

You may be running the previous Swype beta (which has expired). What version of the software are you running? Mine is 1.56.30.7625.t100.

kmo

Reaction score
Don't know the version uninstalled it already, non responsive. Tried two different web sites for downloading, both had the same results. "Your trial period has ended." Whatever, guess I'll wait and get this when it comes to the Market. Unless I can figure out where to get a new version....

Edit: I registered my email on the swype site, maybe I'll get a confirmation to download the new version of this soon....I was looking forward to trying this out, damn...

Last edited:

rosariorose9

Reaction score
You might try "SlideIt". Available in the Market and works very much like "Swype" - in fact, I prefer SlideIt, which seems to accommodate for the eccentricities of my texting technique better than Swype...

virtaclesmile

Reaction score
having just downloaded the slide it keyboard, I think its pretty cool. I havnt tried the swype keyboard yet, but I do like the microphone option on the slide it keyboard. Just registered for the swype beta, and will give it a go once it opens up again

Me + :motdroidvert: = dancedroid:heart:

rosariorose9

Reaction score
having just downloaded the slide it keyboard, I think its pretty cool. I havnt tried the swype keyboard yet, but I do like the microphone option on the slide it keyboard. Just registered for the swype beta, and will give it a go once it opens up again

Me + :motdroidvert: = dancedroid:heart:

Yeah, the microphone option should be included with Swype as well. I expect they'll add that before the beta is finalized...

geronimogman

Reaction score
go to this site and register with ur gmail account its free and its official u will not recieve any foreign errors of any sort..after u r done registering u will recieve a email open it on ur phone then click the link it will download straight to ur phone and then u must llogin using ur email and password u registered with, its free dont worry but then it will download the newest swype to ur phone and then go to settings and enable it. ITS AWESOME!

kmo

Reaction score
go to this site and register with ur gmail account its free and its official u will not recieve any foreign errors of any sort..after u r done registering u will recieve a email open it on ur phone then click the link it will download straight to ur phone and then u must llogin using ur email and password u registered with, its free dont worry but then it will download the newest swype to ur phone and then go to settings and enable it. ITS AWESOME!

what site are you referring to?