SwiftKey Officially Released

Reaction score
Oh yea, I guess that might work too lol. I was thinking of one keyboard or the other, but this might give me time enough to compare the two. My only question is how do you activate one keyboard and turn off the other?

bad4u

Reaction score
Oh yea, I guess that might work too lol. I was thinking of one keyboard or the other, but this might give me time enough to compare the two. My only question is how do you activate one keyboard and turn off the other?

long press in a text box and choose input method. Make sure to enable the keyboard in settings though.

Briankbl

Reaction score
I can't get the market version to work for me. I enable the keyboard in the settings, but it doesn't show up in my input method selection. The pre-market version worked just fine, so I'm not really sure what's wrong.

sportadic22

Reaction score
i had it before.. uninstalled it. not looking thru market to get it.. NOT THERE :(
i went to the site on my phone and tried thru that way..cant find it in market

DROID 2.2 help?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been using it for a few days. I have to say, I really don't like it at all. It rarely picks up the next word I'm about to say. Only reason I'm still using it is because I've been too lazy to change it back, haha. I might give it another shot down the road.

Did you download the predictive dictionary? If not, that would explain it's lack of prediction. I'm finding it very impressive. Once I'd typed "Murder," it did an excellent job of predicting both "Oriental" and "Express."

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I have been used Swype for several months and like it a lot. Just downloaded Swiftkey and am going to try it for a few weeks at least to see how I like it. Thanks for the info!

Dmoralize

Reaction score
Wow, i'm really liking SwiftKey a lot. The prediction is very good as other's have said. I'll be flying once I get used to this.

My only criticisms would be that it definitely needs the microphone button for speech-to-text like the stock keyboard. And long-pressing to get to the secondary character on the keys seems like it takes a little longer than i'd like.

I'll definitely be using this though.

modified

Reaction score
Skins, skins, skins. It's missing them! Having said that, the keys are a little on the thin side making it difficult to use if you have large sausage fingers. It obviously beats the stock Android keyboard but its got some work to do to go against HTC IME.

edthesped

Reaction score
Excellent program with one exception... Microphone on keyboard. I use speech to text enough that I'm not willing to sacrifice it for Swiftkey.

gatewayad

Reaction score
I thought it didn't work yesterday with 2.2. Issue I was having is that it kept force closing all apps upon opening the keyboard. I went through all the setup it required and it didnt work. I uninstalled then reinstalled making sure after I did the SwiftKey setup I closed it went to setting> keyboard and unchecked Android making only SwiftKey available. Works fine now. Only wish in portrait the keys were a little bigger and there was a voice button. I use the voice to text and email about 40% of the time for short messages (it is really convenient). But I will give it a few weeks and see how it goes I do love the prediction