SweeterHome help?

AlexSB

Reaction score
Hey guys recently I got into sweeter home and its amazing interms of customization! Its gotta slight learning curve but I def recommend it. But I do have a problem, I created my own theme and when I switch to landscape mode (open the keyboard or rotate the phone) and my theming shrinks. Is there any way to fix this? Sorry if this has a really obvious answer im still new to theming. Here are some links to the screens I captured to show what im talking about (the first is the normal don't mind the strechted out wallpaper image, the second is the flattening):
Thanks!

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff386/OGAlexSB/1287787777.png

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff386/OGAlexSB/AndroidSkyBlue_201010201039LS.png

sk8er14

Reaction score
Is this on a rooted droid?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Nope, stock Droid 2. I don't think you have to be rooted to run sweeter home, I can download other people's themes and they work fine. They don't "flatten" when I switch to landscape mode.

Also any idea why my wallpaper image looks so stretched upwards? It looks perfect on my phone.

sk8er14

Reaction score
Nahhh sorry I'm still searching for the app :p

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Lol you gotta get it from their website its not on the market, make sure the unknown sources box under settings is checked before you install it though.

sk8er14

Reaction score
Haha thanx :)

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Lol no problem, now if only i can get some help jaja

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Here's a link to Sweeter Home website.
SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com

I'm not positive about your landscape issue, I don't use landscape, but I think when you switch from normal to landscape without making a landscape screen, it squishes your normal screen to fit in landscape.

I think you need to go into Editing Theme then turn your phone sideways (landscape) and make a Landscape screen for that position (top, left, right, bottom or center). You can do this for each screen, so you can have 5 normal and 5 landscape screens. But if you don't have a landscape screen made up, it squishes the normal screen. Does that make sense?

But I don't use landscape. I don't even use all five screens. I have everything on one screen with 8 springboards at the bottom to toggle everything. Search "JPs_8on1" in the themes if you want to see what mine looks like.

OP
AlexSB

AlexSB

Reaction score
Here's a link to Sweeter Home website.
SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com

I'm not positive about your landscape issue, I don't use landscape, but I think when you switch from normal to landscape without making a landscape screen, it squishes your normal screen to fit in landscape.

I think you need to go into Editing Theme then turn your phone sideways (landscape) and make a Landscape screen for that position (top, left, right, bottom or center). You can do this for each screen, so you can have 5 normal and 5 landscape screens. But if you don't have a landscape screen made up, it squishes the normal screen. Does that make sense?

But I don't use landscape. I don't even use all five screens. I have everything on one screen with 8 springboards at the bottom to toggle everything. Search "JPs_8on1" in the themes if you want to see what mine looks like.

Hey I tried what you recommended because frankly it jus made sense! So I go ahead and start to edit the theme in landscape mode, and when I finish resizing everything (I did the copy all while in normal view and pasted in landscape) all my springboards lose functionality. Any solution to this?

gwwjpd

Reaction score
Hey I tried what you recommended because frankly it jus made sense! So I go ahead and start to edit the theme in landscape mode, and when I finish resizing everything (I did the copy all while in normal view and pasted in landscape) all my springboards lose functionality. Any solution to this?

Did you rename the springboards after you pasted them in landscape?

If you have a SB in normal view let's say SB1, and you copy it into landscape, rename it to SB1L, add the (L) for landscape. (Those are just examples, name them whatever you want) You don't want any 2 of anything named the same. After you rename them, you'll have to reassign what you want each springboard to toggle.