[Survey] In your opinion, what is the most important part to a phone?

Sheffy007

Reaction score
This could be either hardware parts (battery, camera), or software-based (colors, icons). Just trying to see what other people think. :biggrin:

Byakushiki

Reaction score
A good DAC/preamp and native FLAC support. Line out support directly to an amp/external DAC would be nice, but it's not really needed for custom IEMs/stage IEMs and the like since they're already really efficient and sensitive.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
A good DAC/preamp and native FLAC support. Line out support directly to an amp/external DAC would be nice, but it's not really needed for custom IEMs/stage IEMs and the like since they're already really efficient and sensitive.

+1 for FLAC & good audio chips.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Good quality hardware (I'll pay a premium for it), integration and stability.

Customization is there too but that's why I picked Android. That won't affect my phone choice only my OS choice.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The ability to make a phone call.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
The ability to make a phone call.

That's like saying the most important part of a meal is that it's all made out of food. It probably goes without saying.

Nutrition/additional features is more important. I'm sure rotary phones and phones that only connected to the operator could make phone calls too but I'll stick with my current technology.

I can eat Big Macs everyday and it would all be food (arguably) but I'm not going to do that.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums