suprise found after work.. screen issue

Psyman

Reaction score
i keep my phone in the console of my truck during work hours.. alone.. so it doesnt get damaged.. after work the other day i pulled it out to check emails and such and when i hit the on button, i found it looking like this. they did a factory reset to no avail, the guy at the store had never screen like it and the verizon tech is going to send a replacement. anyone have a clue what may have happened, only had it 2 months, no rooting or romming either. all stock

View attachment 49272

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Probably got too hot in your truck and overheated something in the screen. Best guess really.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

shaggykid

Reaction score
My brothers Sony phone looked like that after he got it wet once. Although I'm guessing your's didn't get wet. But ya best guess is over heating

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Caesars

Reaction score
The good thing is its being replaced lol, don't let them refurb you ;). Also throw it in a defender and keep it out of that 140degree car :)

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
2 months not going to get a new one... (atleast not a guarantee)

After all some where I guarantee it states to keep out of direct sunlight and/or excessive heat....

Just don't let them know it was locked up in a hot vehicle.

----posted maxx'ed out----

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
My brothers Sony phone looked like that after he got it wet once. Although I'm guessing your's didn't get wet. But ya best guess is over heating

Could be a combination of the two. The heat from the truck causes condensation inside the case to form causing water damage event though it never touched water on the outside.

shaggykid

Reaction score
Could be a combination of the two. The heat from the truck causes condensation inside the case to form causing water damage event though it never touched water on the outside.

Good point

OP
Psyman

Psyman

Reaction score
it was 50 degrees out and dry tho.. not hot at all. just happened it the space of 2 hours from lunch to break.. and they would only send a refurb, not new.. i wasnt too happy about that.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
That hapened to me twice with an HTC Touch Pro II. Although it is a totally different phone the screen looked exactly like yours. In my case, the problem was a defective screen connector. They replaced my phone too with a refurb and it happened again with the new refurb..... thus began the quest for me leaving Sprint (after 7 refurbs in 6 weeks) and my switching to Verizon and the awesome Maxx.

David

OP
Psyman

Psyman

Reaction score
Got my new phone today.. so far so good

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums