SuperCam for Driod or new security software

DogPaw

Reaction score
How long until we see SuperCam for Droid? This is a great security app that allows you to monitor your home security system. Iphone offers it in their market for viewing q-see security cameras.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
SuperCam is now in the Market Place but it does not seem to be working all that well. SuperCam logs into my system and shows what cameras are recording but I am not able to receive a live picture. They need to work the rest of the bugs out of SuperCam.

[email protected]

Reaction score
OMg I change from blackBerry to droid to use this app
I have special need Doughter that I would like to monitor her care taker.
I can't do it from work due to high security.
please help

gadget_guy

Reaction score
I have been in contact with Q-see. They have said they are working on two Android applications to support their products. One is due out in less than 2 weeks. The other is a couple months away. I was told my model QSDT8DP would be supported by the app due out in less than 2 weeks.

They said they would post info on the supported products tech spec page on q-see.com. I plan to bug them often about it. Not sure what the application will be called, if it will be supercam again or if they give it a new name.

OP
DogPaw

DogPaw

Reaction score
Thanks gadget_guy I have been waiting for this for months. I bought the IP Cam program and that guy has every camera type but the Q-See. He is always adding cameras but there must be a problem with Q-See. I would love to see a new application added for the Droid. Keep us posted and what you find out.

gadget_guy

Reaction score
Yeah, I was a little disappointed when I finally got my droid phones and learned SuperCAM was not in the market. I had done searches on my home computer finding others say they had or didn't have luck with the application on droid phones. I have attempted several other programs (IP camera being one) and several settings on each, but no luck thus far.

I am holding my breath. I will let everyone know the minute I get it working.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
The program IP Cam Viewer is quite nice. It works great for viewing my home system running on a Geovision equipped computer.

gadget_guy

Reaction score
The program IP Cam Viewer is quite nice. It works great for viewing my home system running on a Geovision equipped computer.

I have not tried the paid version of that program, but tried the free version. It does not support Q-see products like I have at my house. It is pretty nice for other stuff - I now have that configured to view some of the local traffic cameras around my area to see if there are traffic jams without having to get to the DOT's website and find the camera feeds.

However, I need an app that supports Q-see products so if my alarm system goes off (with the app IPfob I can view and control my alarm system from the droid) but I currently need a computer running internet explorer to log into and view my security cameras. All video runs 24/7 and is backed up offsite, but I want this on my droid. Iphone - sure. Droid ... soon I hope.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
You could try checking with the Dev of IP cam viewer. I know he is quite responsive and may be able to easily add support for your needs, especially if you purchase the app.

gadget_guy

Reaction score
Ok works on my HTC incredible and wife's MOTO. I guess there are some bugs like it starts with some random ip address even though I have my ip saved and to exit you go to menu and hit the back button and a poorly worded window pops up. But it does work. I was going to include a snap shot but don't know how yet.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
So, does this work for the Q-see line of DVRs? Will this app be able to display multible cameras at some point in the future? And lastly, is this the app that Q-see has been working on?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Well, I tried to download this app and was not able to do it. Is this a paid app? Can I get this from the stock android market? Any help with downloading this please let me know, I don't know if I have to log on to do this or not. Thanks in advance for any afforded help.