Super slow droid!!! Need help bad!!!

leavittwoodland

Reaction score
I need help. I have to original Motorola Droid, and it is super slow! When i say slow i mean, moving from one page to another (not in apps or web, but more like home screen to app list, or from one home page to another) or after sliding the unlock, it takes forever for the icons to load (like 20+ seconds) when switching from contact page to dialer page, etc. It is very annoying, and makes the phone not fun to have!

It all started around June of 2010 after the first Droid update, and just got worse from there!

I have tried:
-Reinstalling the updates
-Task Killers
-Anti-virus
-Restarting
-Static discharge
-Erasing apps, and reinstalling them

Here is the kicker....Verizon just sent me a new droid (or rather a replacement, per warranty) and i am STILL having a problem! I may be an idiot, but i need help!

My only thought is that my sd card is bad? Is this possible, and if so how do i fix it? Or is it something eles all together.

I could really use help!!!!

Raydee35

Reaction score
Are you running 2.2 on it? Ever since the update I have wated to place my droid under my truck tire and run it over 15 times. My phone has turned into a complete turd and I have tried everything that was recommended on this forum to fix it. My fix is going to be a Evo next month.

D1motoBRICE

Reaction score
Hey if you upgrade you can mail me your old one :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Raydee35

Reaction score
I was in a meeting today and had to show a salesman some data on my phone and I swear to God the phone wouldn't do anything. When It finally woke up and started to work I was so frustrated I ended up turning it off. It was much better back when I had the original software, I don't think the hardware in the older phone is ready for 2.2.

OP
L

leavittwoodland

Reaction score
yes i am running 2.2.1, and i am going nuts! Like if i need to call 911, i will die before my phone even shows an icon! Can anybody help?????? Please!!!

Last edited:

joshoid

Reaction score
Are you running either LP or ADW? You may be having issues with redraw. There are already theads on this issues posted here.

joshoid

Reaction score
Hard reset starts in recovery mode. You get there by sliding open the key pad, holding power and X at the same time. You will see the "M" motorola logo, keep holding and the screen goes to recovery mode. I am running Clockworkmod so I have a different screen than you but you should find an option "wipe data / factory reset". follow the steps.

There should be posts on this already that can be search.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You're getting some well meaning but nevertheless misleading information.

First, remove all task killers and antivirus. Task killers and anitvirus are not needed.

If that alone doesn't fix the issue then a factory data reset is in order. But not the one described by the previous poster. Simply go to you settings/privacy section/factory data reset.

This will remove all data and free applications from your Droid. Some people say the free apps come back, that's not my experience. Paid apps should start reinstalling themselves once you sing back into Google but if that doesn't happen then go to the Market, click on "My downloads" and you will see them all there. Go ahead and install.

Now as far as getting your stock back apps, get them on an as needed basis. Do not reinstall task killers or antivirus. Task killers interfere with the way a Droid manages it's memory and are unnecessary. Antivirus is a huge resource hog and is probably the reason your phone is running slow now anyway.

Good luck.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
First download cache cleaner and try cleaning the app cache, if this does not improve the issue do a factory reset as described above.

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

joshoid

Reaction score
Thanks hook, still learning myself. I wasnt aware there was a factory reset under privacy options. As for task killers and anti virus. Seems like a lot of discussions. I personally just uninstalled my task killer.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joshoid

Reaction score
I dont think Leavit was rooted. I'd go with Hooks response.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I would temp root and clean cache before doing a system wipe....

---------------------
fivefour on xda
@f1vefour on twitter

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
My Droid had the 2.0 software on it originally, and I updated to 2.1 when it came out, and then 2.2 when it was released. No issues with speed at all. Just as fast, if not faster, than the day I bought it, and I run a home screen/launcher replacement (Launcher Pro).

EDIT: I'm now running a different ROM, but that had nothing to do with complaints about the stock 2.2.1 speed.

My guess is you have too much crap on it, and it needs to be refreshed/reset to factory settings.