Super-noob is in the room

Orion223

Reaction score
Hi all - just got my droid about a month ago - and I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing with it lol. Please be understanding if I ask what may seem to you a stupid or inane question, as I really do not know much more than bare basics about my droid. Looking forward to really getting to know this phone :) BTW, what exactly is a ROM? see that in the forums quite often, yet only have an inkling as to it's meaning.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Forum... A ROM is usually a customized version of an OS that runs our phones...Simple explanation...I am sure someone will expand on that...

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums! Ask your questions, we have answers...sometimes lol. Do remember though there is an extensive amount of knowledge and a search prior to posting would be good :)

There isn't much more to explain about a rom really except there are different authors and they include different features, that's probably why we see so many. It's linux based so we get options :)

OP
Orion223

Orion223

Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum... A ROM is usually a customized version of an OS that runs our phones...Simple explanation...I am sure someone will expand on that...

That's basically NOT what I thought it was lol - though I was on the same track of thinking... thanks