Super Mario Bros. Boot Animation!!

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i wish we could switch between boot animations within the phone itself... maybe a custom rom will have this feature

mammlouk

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will put something user friendly together eventually. I've done it completely on the phone by downloading a bootanimation and then copying it over from the terminal. Is there a way to choose a different download location and save straight to /data/local?

csmith197

Reaction score
Great Job on the animation!

@mammlouk Mount your sd card to the computer and download the boot.zip there. Afterward, open your terminal on the droid and type
cd /sdcard
cp yourbootanimation.zip /data/local/bootanimation.zip

:greendroid:

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
danDroid that would be great, lots of great bootanimations are popping up left and right, but it is quite unorganized

mammlouk

Reaction score
Just a quick reply then I'll stop thread jacking.
@csmith197 - IMO anything that requires taking out the sdcard doesn't count as making it easier. Also remember that cp is only available as part of busybox so anyone who hasn't installed it will be unable to follow the direction.

csmith197

Reaction score
Yes, but if you dont have busy box or adb then you are SOL anyway as far AFIK, so that would make my alternative the only viable way to do it without adb. However, it may be possible to access it with ASTRO but I havent tried.

feedhead

Reaction score
Thanks Big Lou ... nice work!

A sub section would be a welcome addition to this fine site.

mammlouk

Reaction score
I just downloaded from browser which put the file in /sdcard/download/bootanimation.zip then used Terminal Emulator on the Droid to do everything.

samdevor

Reaction score
Hey I know this is a lot to ask but could you possibly change that 2.0.1 to either 2.1 or maybe leave it blue for us 2.1 users cuz that'd be sweet thanks

p0rk burn

Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree there should be a boot animation section, but does it belong in the hacks or themes section of the forums?

Also, to apologize for hijacking the thread, once again great work on the SMB.

vm2001

Reaction score
Been wanting to install this boot animation for a couple days and just got around to it..
all i gotta say is 5 stars, LOOKS awesome.
thanks a bunch.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thank you. I was in search of a better bootanim since I just rooted my cousin and he wanted the one that I was using...Lol! This one is WAY better...Slightly long compared to my last one, but better quality and WAY more fun...