Super low res contact pictures?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
This is my first Droid, so far everything is excellent except this one thing is driving me crazy.

Contact list looks fine with the small images, but when I get a phone call the small image is larger and very pixelated.

Other more annoying problem is that I actually like the quick contact Motorola widget, but if you make the picture any bigger than one square it stretches it out and makes it look like crap. Is there a simple fix I am overlooking?

I tried using a high quality picture for the contact picture, but it doesn't seem to work at all. =(

tiger187126

Reaction score
+1 i use the facebook pics and they look terrible when i get the call.

plakius

Reaction score
Steve Jobs called and said "just have people text you.. Calls are so 90's"

vincenzo420

Reaction score
if u go to the android market and search " full screen caller id " download the FULL app (mona lisa icon) that u pay like 2 british pounds for. totally worth it!!! the free version will not work right...spend the 3 bucks and u will be very happy

validoption

Reaction score
if u go to the android market and search " full screen caller id " download the FULL app (mona lisa icon) that u pay like 2 british pounds for. totally worth it!!! the free version will not work right...spend the 3 bucks and u will be very happy

Yeah, but that's missing the point. Screenshots in advertisements (yes, I am aware they are "simulated") show a hi-quality picture for the in-call screen. Plus, if you can take a hi-quality photo and set it to your contact, that should be the picture that appears, not a pixelated piece of crap that looks like it expanded the thumbnail rather than draw from the actual photo set to the contact (same problem as DROID). The consumer should not be expected to shell out $$ for a third-party app to do what the phone should do OOTB.