Super easy way to get photos and links from desktop/notebook to Droid

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the easiest way I've found to get pictures from the gallery here and elsewhere to my Droid. You will need to be using Firefox on your desktop or notebook and the barcode scanner app on your Droid.

Install the "Mobile Barcoder" add-on for Firefox and start surfing. I love my Droid but, obviously, it's easier to surf the web on my desktop. When you find an image or link you want on your Droid, right-click on the link or image or place your cursor over the "Mobile Barcoder" icon (squares on bottom-right of screen) and it will create the QR code for the link or image.

Then you just scan the code with your Droid and, voila, your Droid goes right there. You can download and save the image with a long-press on the image. I found this out after numerous wallpaper downloads to my desktop and USB transfers. Uggh. This is so much easier and quicker unless you are downloading images by the hundreds.

OP
Narsil

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nice what to do you recommend to scan on droid.

My apologies; you will need to go to the Android Marketplace, search for, and install the "Barcode Scanner" app. It allows you to scan 1-D and 2-D barcodes.

metalmenance

Reaction score
man i wish this was avail for internet explorer8
firefox is ok but i find ie8 to be very stable lately
has firefox improved alot over the past year?

OP
Narsil

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Aside from still being something of a system hog (although I find IE to be fairly comparable in this regard), I much prefer Firefox to IE and have almost zero crashes with FF.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Firefox is the hsit! The new IE is better than IE has ever been but I still prefer Firefox.

... and it's coming to Android! EEEEEEE! School girl excitement!

techguru

Reaction score
I have just one thing to say about FF vs IE8. Adblock Plus.

I see ads on forums like this one that I want to support, and no other sites.

This add-on is cool, thanks for the pointer.

metalmenance

Reaction score
ok well trying out ff again and it seems to runs pretty smooth
This idea using the addon for ff to get links and pics to the droid is AAA++++
very nice find man, works great and so easy to do
also in ff i am using the coolpreviews addon and its the **** as well, hover over a pic online and can preview the pic page then just click email and send link to droid that way to,,,,, very cool been sitting here just sending mindless **** to droid just because its fun right now LOL
thanks again for the tip.........

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah firefox 3.5 made a good jump. :) The add on had been mentioned before, but not in this context. Nice way of thinking of it.