Sunday Evening Chat: Saturday edition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Godzilla is open in theaters this weekend join us for our spoiler and non spoiler movie talk thread.

Android Silver:
chrome-android-e1398894109507.jpg

There have been whispers for weeks that the Nexus program may have come to an end end for the Android Silver Program. A few days ago @evleaks tweeted that the nexus 6 is not going to happen (@evleaks: There is no Nexus 6, alludes to Android Silver debuting later this year?) and instead prepare for a new era. Though it has not been officially announced by Google, @evleaks have a good track record as far as leaking stories. We will wait for an official word before we classify this as fact. If you had Google's attention what would you want to see done with the silver program?

Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime:

Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Prime.jpg

(Leaked photos show off the aluminum-clad Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime)

Do you think it is too soon to release a device that is a step up or is it the right time?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;UzhOfDDiQw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzhOfDDiQw0[/video]

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;UzhOfDDiQw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzhOfDDiQw0[/video]

Real or fake (aka an aluminum battery cover)?

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I think it's the right thing for Samsung to do. After the internet backlash from unhappy customers following the S5 release, (not being all it could be) I personally think Samsung realized they had no choice but to release a "prime" edition, if only to "keep up" with upcoming devices due out this summer/fall.

I also don't think people should be upset over this.
1. Your average non-modding consumer isn't going to care.
2. Those people who do root/mod their phones should have seen this coming. If you've been following Android news/leaks/rumors at all over the past 6-12 months, you'd already know this was a real possibility. It's the reason my wife and I have held off purchasing our S5s. As badly as we would both like to upgrade from our S3s NOW, what's another month or two in the grand scheme of things.
If the Prime edition rumors didn't become a reality, we would simply buy a developer edition S5, so it was a win/win (for us) anyway.

(as always, just my opinion) :)

tap'n

jspradling7

Reaction score
I don't think I seen the last Godzilla movie yet. All of these Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Godzilla, King Kong, remakes make me dizzy. I wish Netflix would put some recent releases on streaming. I would stay more current that way. That reminds me, I need to see the last Star trek movie.

I had the Galaxy Nexus for 2 years and learned a lot from flashing everything I could on it. We still have the Nexus 10 tablet and use it everyday and it is still awesome. But I'm on Verizon so no more Nexus for me anyway. I am ready for Google to change things up some.

I only used the S5 for a few days and was getting more bored with it the more I used it. So I passed it along. If the Prime is the same phone with aluminum trim and back, they can keep it. I'll wait for other devices.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Will Google be keeping their Nexus line for tablets? I love my N7 and honestly would probably buy the next one too if it is released. As for the phones, as much as I like them, I've never owned one. I wish they would really max out the hardware on them but they were always midrange hardware feeling. If I ever get to take advantage of the 700Mhz band TMobile recently acquired I may consider converting my M8 into a GPE device but right now I need the wifi calling. If that feature ever gets ported into a a GPE ROM, I'll be on that in a heart beat.

As for the SG5, I'm over Samsung. Sure they are good devices but after getting my first non Samsung device since my Droid X, I don't think I'll be returning to them any time soon. I'm really thinking about an LG or Sony device next.