dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
don't even have to read the article

Android is picking up and everyone is anxious to see what Google does next.

if anything it's Blackberry's last hurrah :p

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

Android is picking up and everyone is anxious to see what Google does next.

if anything it's Blackberry's last hurrah :p
Lol i didnt read it either but this makes me think: If your off during summer means your a student. Students nowadays are highertech and have to buy a phone. All my buds have an android or iphone. (i hit him when i saw it....[talking about the iphone here])

W

warp

This

Android gets better and better every year. Just look at the history from 2008-2010. I got an X last month and love it. I'm sure we'll be seeing some more advanced phones running on LTE next summer.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read it, but some of the comments (like the Nokia MeeGo) is more of a "gonna happen." Another example:

Android's greatest threat is that the iPhone moves to Verizon in the U.S....But Android has been seen as the iPhone alternative. If Verizon has the iPhone, it won't need as strong an alternative.

They're basically saying the only reason people buy Androids is because they're on Verizon and can't get an iPhone.

Last edited:

IcyStorm

Reaction score
webOS is only a "threat" to Android if HP really helps Palm push webOS 2.0 devices. With newer, better-looking form factors, webOS has a chance... but otherwise, Android has huge momentum and the iPhone still has the attention of many. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus didn't do so hot on AT&T and Verizon, remember?

Nokia doesn't stand a chance in the U.S. market without getting app developers on board with their platforms. MeeGo is amazing, and Nokia's new N9 looks awesome, but without the proper app support, it's not going to take off. iPhone and Android have shown us that apps make the smartphone nowadays.

Windows Phone 7 is interesting, and it's clear that Microsoft is going to push forward heavily with this. Since Microsoft is paying developers for apps, I think this and a CDMA iPhone are the only real "threats" to Android on the author's list.

RIM? Hah. OS6 still isn't great, RIM hasn't really been gaining much market share. Why does this author think the Torch suddenly changes everything. BB OS 6 is more of the same, and it still needs drastic improvements to compete with the other smartphone OSes.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
webOS is only a "threat" to Android if HP really helps Palm push webOS 2.0 devices. With newer, better-looking form factors, webOS has a chance... but otherwise, Android has huge momentum and the iPhone still has the attention of many. The Pre Plus and Pixi Plus didn't do so hot on AT&T and Verizon, remember?

Nokia doesn't stand a chance in the U.S. market without getting app developers on board with their platforms. MeeGo is amazing, and Nokia's new N9 looks awesome, but without the proper app support, it's not going to take off. iPhone and Android have shown us that apps make the smartphone nowadays.

Windows Phone 7 is interesting, and it's clear that Microsoft is going to push forward heavily with this. Since Microsoft is paying developers for apps, I think this and a CDMA iPhone are the only real "threats" to Android on the author's list.

RIM? Hah. OS6 still isn't great, RIM hasn't really been gaining much market share. Why does this author think the Torch suddenly changes everything. BB OS 6 is more of the same, and it still needs drastic improvements to compete with the other smartphone OSes.
Well said good sir. Well said. :)

iPirate

Reaction score
RIM better say that or their stock holders are going to sell..

W

warp

I read it, but some of the comments (like the Nokia MeeGo) is more of a "gonna happen." Another example:

Android's greatest threat is that the iPhone moves to Verizon in the U.S....But Android has been seen as the iPhone alternative. If Verizon has the iPhone, it won't need as strong an alternative.

They're basically saying the only reason people buy Androids is because they're on Verizon and can't get an iPhone.

Well they can't speak for everyone. I didn't buy a Droid because the iPhone wasn't on Verizon. I had the choice to pick either carrier/platform and I went with the Droid because the OS appealed to me more than iOS. Carriers weren't an issue because both Verizon and AT&T (as well as T-Mobile & Sprint) have good coverage in my area.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well they can't speak for everyone. I didn't buy a Droid because the iPhone wasn't on Verizon. I had the choice to pick either carrier/platform and I went with the Droid because the OS appealed to me more than iOS. Carriers weren't an issue because both Verizon and AT&T (as well as T-Mobile & Sprint) have good coverage in my area.

I agree. I'm reminded how the Dixie cup came to be. Some time ago it was believed that the main reason people would go into a bar was because they were thirsty, but couldn't find any water to drink. A plan was to make a water dispenser that used throwaway cups for health reasons (this was at a time when you had a tin cup next to a horse trough). The dispenser went away, but the cup remained.

I'm saying this because they were acting like Verizon people were forced to get an Android when they desperately wanted an iPhone. :)

nerdkill

Reaction score
what they don't get is we actually want competition. we don't want to be the best, we want android to keep pushing and updating. they also aren't looking at the fact that it's starting to not be "cool" anymore to have an iphone. more and more i'm seeing people with shameful looks on their faces pulling iphones out of their pockets, or explaining why they have one before anyone asks. they're just not as cool as they used to be.

johall07

Reaction score
iphone = im dumb and lazy do it for me....obviously a lot of people would like this when it comes to electronics

android = do it myself and make it my own...

and i would have to say that in category of usability there is slim to no difference they are both good products but if you take the time to figure out android its 100x better since with ios its their way or the highway

Last edited: