Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey guys,

after exactly having the Milestone for One week,
i want to give a little deeper view on pros and cons of that
device.

That summary is subjective and writtten from a former BlackBerry user,
so some of you maybe not able to figure out the point of some pros and cons, but just read em.

Ill start with Cons.

CONS

-Email:
Yes i CAN recieve Gmail and any other POP and IMAP Mail, but there are some issues like attachement-saving, 3G/2G sync that is not working the same. It was all a little more comfortable on the Blackberry.

-Construction:
As seen in many videos, the Sound-Adjust buttons on the Milestones are totally sloppy and shaking. That is a real bad construction. Also the physical DPAD has a crumbly noise even if you just swipe your fingers over the buttons

-Contacts:
A way to sort your contacts by Name, then First name should be implementet, maybe coming with OTA update!

-Copy paste concept
To get a number from a website direct to a call would be nice, that was better on the BlackBerry,
but maybe also one thing that is fixed with OTA update

-Backup
An easy software to just oneclick backup/restore would be nice

THIS IS IT!

Pros:

-Concept:

Everything on the Milestone has been thought over verry well and is designed pretty well, that reaches from menues, to wifi to market...even the 40 Secounds boot is just a pure blast!

-Speed:
This device is so amazing huge FAST!!!! In everything, shutdown, boot, wifi, browser, pinch to zoom, whatever!

-Apps Widgets:
Just amazing...what else can i say! There is an app for nearly every purpose, and if not, its on the horizon to come soon!

-Accessories:
They are not all aviable yet but ive seen a huge amount of crazy stuff to come up soon!

-Battery Life:
when i activate 3G network only for Downloading or Surfing then Battery holds nearly 2 days. its just amazing. I do some calls, recieve 50 mails a day, like to game a little ond SNSoid and surf the market a little while.
Best for smartphones ive ever seen especially when compared to a blackberry storm!

Neutrals

-The physical keyboard
Its nothing great, but its not too bad, i mostly hit every key i intended

-The SD Card
It is a little strange to see how folders are created and media is synced, but if you get used to it, its ok

I hope this helps you guys, buying or not ;)

Last edited:

shatteredzman

Reaction score
Everyone seems to love their phone. Its driving my CRAZY that I still have to wait!!! I cant get mine until its released in Argentina. I am so tempted to just buy the European milestone even though I wont get 3G.

shatteredzman

Reaction score
I am using a G1 without 3G and its not too bad considering I have wifi just about everywhere I go but I would love having internet radio in my car.
I have read that it might get released on the 7th of December, but then I have to find out where to buy it! I have taken very good care of my G1 and I dropped it for the first time yesterday and scuffed a corner and the usb cover is starting to break. Its almost like the G1 is saying its time for a new phone.