Stupid Question

nooter99

Reaction score
I'm an old guy and therefore sometimes clueless when it comes to technology, so here's my dumb question of the day. I only recently discovered the website "androlib" (10 minutes ago) which looks like it could be useful. But how do you download the apps to your phone? I'm sure there's a "download" button somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. See, I told you it was a stupid question!

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No stupid questions on this forum. I could be wrong but from what I know androlib is simply a way to browse the apps that are in the market. U find what u like and go to the market on your phone and download from there. Anyone else know more on it please chime in. Hope this helps.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few sites that will 'send' the app to your phone for you (i.e. click install on your computer and the program will auto install on your computer).
AppBrain is one I can't remember the other. Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.

You first have to get the Barcode app for scanning. Then, like KZIWarrior said, just scan the QR code (the square 'bar-code') and when your Droid beeps, you press the left button. That will take you straight to the Market.

One problem with Androlib (and Androidzoom) is that if the app isn't available for your phone, it won't show up in the Market when you scan. One example was Bonsai Blast. It was there on the websites, but not in the Market. It must've been not approved for the Droid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a few sites that will 'send' the app to your phone for you (i.e. click install on your computer and the program will auto install on your computer).
AppBrain is one I can't remember the other. Another alternative is on most sites (Androlib included) there is a square 'bar-code' that you can scan w/your phone and it will automatically take you to that program in the marketplace.

+1 on Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain. However, it does not "send" the app to your phone or "auto install" it. Rather, it allows you to search and select apps you would like to have on your phone. The list is saved in your appbrain account.

Then, from your phone (using the appbrain app you can get in the Market) you can access the list of apps you've saved on the web and download them to your phone.

The appbrain app on your phone also synchronizes with your list on the web, allowing you to keep track of apps you already have and (if necessary) download them again if you have to remove them from your phone for some reason.