Stuck!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i also have no root i work for an indirect verizon channel and never root just cause i know the headaches
Glad it worked for you. Odin is not hard if you are familiar with it. I just know some people may feel intimidated so we try and provide multiple scenarios. If a person feels comfortable then boom it's an easy fix.

But if not I don't want a person putting themselves in a worse situation and having to eat a phone because they went in blindly trying to use software they were not familiar with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
As long as you are flashing stock images for your phone, with Odin, the eFuse should remain at 0x0.

OP
dan j

dan j

Reaction score
I'm back :mad:

I didn't feel comfortable "fixing" my phone last time and it's been working ok since I had a repair shop fix it. Until the last week or so - now it's unexpectedly shutting down and the screen locks up. I received an update notice from Vz for a security patch. I waited a day to see if anyone reported a successful update and decided to go ahead. The first update went ok. But, then a second update popped up. So, I'm not sure if yesterday's update took but it does say the phone does show it has the update (N915VVRS2BPC1) in the build number.

I found a thread "Flashing a Note 5 Back to Stock". It lead me to sammobile and I found the N915VVRS2BPC1 download (that matches the download from Vz I tried to install yesterday). I also downloaded Odin v3.10.7. Am I on the right track and at the right website?

I've never flashed a phone back to stock (and don't know if it will help the current issue) so any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Dan