Stuck with cyanogen

Barlycrn

Reaction score
I have the second to latest cyanogen stable build 7.0.1.2? And the latest radio on my evo 4g. While I'm generally happy with cyanogen, I'm a hopeless tweaker and want to try other roms. But every rom I try to load with rom manager now won't get past the white HTC screen. Is there something I'm missing? My backup always works and I'm back with cyanogen.

T-Dev

Reaction score
stop using Rom Mangler...Load from clockwork mod recovery directly.

OP
B

Barlycrn

Reaction score
I am embarrassed to say, both for me and rom manager, that that was the answer.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Flash the raid zero recovery. Its awesome! I did it from a suggestion and I love it. Doesn't require you to use only update.zip as a file name. Use whatever you want. Also allows for overclocking and battery charging while in recovery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Flash the raid zero recovery. Its awesome! I did it from a suggestion and I love it. Doesn't require you to use only update.zip as a file name. Use whatever you want. Also allows for overclocking and battery charging while in recovery.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

CWM doesn't require you to use update.zip either...Hasn't for as long as I can remember actually.

Agrajag

Reaction score
stop using Rom Mangler...Load from clockwork mod recovery directly.

I was getting ready to give up playing around when I saw this comment. Suddenly all the ROM's I was having issues with started working..... No more ROM Manager for me!

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
I used to use ROM Manager, but then discovered the issues it was having. I only use it now to download roms and that is it. Then I boot into RZR and install from there.

Agrajag

Reaction score
I used to use ROM Manager, but then discovered the issues it was having. I only use it now to download roms and that is it. Then I boot into RZR and install from there.

Their own Market description highlights the Droid issue but suggests flashing Clockworkmod which I already run.