stuck pixel help

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
I just got my fascinate yesterday, and I rooted it and flashed a froyo rom on it. I love the phone, but on the right side at the bottom, I have an almost maroon color stuck pixel. I have tried JScreen Fix and left it running over night, but nothing. I have tried streaming several youtube videos, but again, nothing. It doesn't bother me too much unless the background is a solid bright color (except red or pink, given that the stuck pixel is a dark red) It cannot be seen on black screens. I am hesitant to exchange it because I've already rooted it, and another one could have dead pixels and / or stuck pixels. It really only bothers me when I look for it, since it's kind of on the edge, but I have OCD so I am unsure as to what to do. Any suggestions / people that just deal with stuck pixels?

xMellyx

Reaction score
I would exchange it. I had simliar situation with a galaxy tab. I figured that I got good experience rooting the device and could always do it again and you paid a lot of money, you should have a device without flaws.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ziggy484

Reaction score
Odin back to stock di01, this also removes root, then return it

sent from a Superclean, Voodoo Fascinate

OP
insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
my only worry would be that the next device would have a dead or stuck pixel...it seems like a common occurence. i think i'm gonna wait until right before the deadline is up to see if it sorts itself out as some stuck pixels do, as well as constantly using jscreen fix every night to see if that helps...anyway, i'll probably exchange it if it doesn't unstick before the return time is up?

ziggy484

Reaction score
my only worry would be that the next device would have a dead or stuck pixel...it seems like a common occurence. i think i'm gonna wait until right before the deadline is up to see if it sorts itself out as some stuck pixels do, as well as constantly using jscreen fix every night to see if that helps...anyway, i'll probably exchange it if it doesn't unstick before the return time is up?

I've actually never heard of this, i would return it. If you brick your phone because you rooted it and messed with it then imo you should be stuck with it and figure out how to fix it... but a defect like this, thats what the return policy is for. You paid good money for the phone, it should be perfect (until you brick it on your own)

sent from a Superclean, Voodoo Fascinate

OP
insidiousvertigo

insidiousvertigo

Reaction score
very true ziggy. my only other concern is battery life. i tried rooting but i got very confused. i have read many tutorials and such, but i get confused with all the programs such as cwm, odin, rom manager, etc...i followed a guide on how to flash to a certain rom, but i only had to use odin, and not cwm...i don't understand what cwm even does, or how/when to use it. i just wanna root the phone basically to get rid of bing and bloatware so my device can run longer than 10 hours before dying. i ended up flashing back to stock with odin and a .tar file.

ziggy484

Reaction score
very true ziggy. my only other concern is battery life. i tried rooting but i got very confused. i have read many tutorials and such, but i get confused with all the programs such as cwm, odin, rom manager, etc...i followed a guide on how to flash to a certain rom, but i only had to use odin, and not cwm...i don't understand what cwm even does, or how/when to use it. i just wanna root the phone basically to get rid of bing and bloatware so my device can run longer than 10 hours before dying. i ended up flashing back to stock with odin and a .tar file.

Ok, so if you used odin, look for a thread in the development section called full eb01 odin package... with this you can choose between full stock froyo, or even superclean... these files will root you and install a froyo rom. as long as you dont choose full stock, the bloat and bing will already be removed for you. But so you know, less bloat doesnt really mean more battery... and froyo itself isnt so great on battery

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums