stuck on HTC Incredible screen

raskolnik

Reaction score
So I accidentally installed a theme for a different kind of phone (oops). This was actually my second time installing this theme...didn't see that it was for a different model until after installing it a second time.

The first time it happened, I was able to re-install Ultimate Droid via Clockwork Recovery just fine, and everything worked.

For some reason it's not working this time, though. The install goes through fine, but then when I reboot I get the HTC Incredible screen and it hangs there. I've tried re-running revoked, re-installing the old stock firmware (which gives me an error saying: "can't open /sdcard/PB31img.zip (bad)."), everything...nothing works.

It can't clear the cache or data partitions, either ... in both cases I get the error: "can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 (File exists)."

I have insurance on the phone through Verizon, so I guess it's not a big deal to take it in, but I'd rather not have to.

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you not make a back-up before doing this ?

BTW messing your phone up flashing ROM's and Themes is hardly reason to file an insurance claim, it would be considered fraud as those actions void a warranty

OP
R

raskolnik

Reaction score
Did you not make a back-up before doing this ?

Not sure how a back-up would help, since it can flash things properly.

BTW messing your phone up flashing ROM's and Themes is hardly reason to file an insurance claim, it would be considered fraud as those actions void a warranty

Dropping the phone in a bucket of water wouldn't be covered under the warranty either, which is why I have insurance. Moreover, fraud requires something deceitful on my part. It's not fraudulent if I tell them what happened.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dropping it in a bucket of water on purpose would not be covered by insurance, by accident yes it would be, but you don't make make unwarranted modifications to the system software on accident

A back-up doesn't flash something new as it seems you are trying to do, it restores you to the point you were at before things went wrong, you say it is flashing fine and gets stuck at the boot up screen a back-up would bypass these problems you are experiencing as it restores the boot image/data/cache...everything

OP
R

raskolnik

Reaction score
I still don't see what a back-up would copy that the new OS wouldn't.

But it's moot, since I don't have one.