Stuck in boot loops and can't enter recovery

silverfang77

Reaction score
My phone just started rebooting itself out of nowhere. It boots to the Samsung logo, then goes back to the Galaxy Edge logo, without reaching the red VZW screen.

If I try to go into recovery by pressing Power+VolUp+Home, it starts to enter it, but then flashes the words "Installing Update" with a little Android with wiggling antennae, then reboots and is still stuck in boot loops.

I had this happen once before, but was able to reach recovery and wipe the system cache. Now I can't even do that.

Must I run Samsung Kies at this point?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Try a long battery and SIM card pull. Then try again. If at that point you still can't enter recovery or boot yes it sounds like you will have to use either ODIN or kies. I believe for a while there was a huge report of the Edge bricking during one of the last updates.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
It'll have to be Odin, as Kies refuses to recognize the phone.

Phone booted after a rechargeable. Both times this problem had happened, the battery has been under 20%. I think that's the cause.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It'll have to be Odin, as Kies refuses to recognize the phone.

Phone booted after a rechargeable. Both times this problem had happened, the battery has been under 20%. I think that's the cause.

I have a few aftermarket batteries that I use with my Edge. One of them was on its last leg and exhibited the same behaviour.

Once it dropped below a certain percentage the phone would start rebooting itself never making it to the home screen.

Inserting a different battery instantly cured it.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
This is the battery that originally came with the phone. However, I'll heed what you say and look into buying a new one within a week.

dan j

Reaction score
What NFC equipped battery do you guys recommend? Doesn't look like anyone I've heard of makes one so I'm looking at TrendON.

Thanks

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What NFC equipped battery do you guys recommend? Doesn't look like anyone I've heard of makes one so I'm looking at TrendON.

Thanks
Wrong thread

Eh guess it turned into a battery discussion.