Stubborn Droid X is stuck on bootloader...someone help!

Rob_71

Reaction score
My friend gave me a Droid X that he said he couldn't figure out so now I'm sitting here with this Droid X that I got for free and I want to sell. The problem is that when it boots past the "M", It goes straight to bootloader as follows:

Bootloader

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I've seen this before but I could easily do a Data, Cache Wipe and it would be all better but not with this Droid X. What I did was I got a Gingerbread SBF file and I did the SBF process using RSD Lite 5.4.4 and it got to the point where it says something about BP Passthrough and it fails. I turn it back on and this is what the bootloader says now:

Bootloader

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Now I'm thinking I just totally screwed this phone beyone repair so I hit into expirement mode and I try another SBF but this time I used something called SBFportable and that went well and it succeeded. So I turn on the Droid X and now the "M" logo shows up but this time it's red instead of white as it was before. This tells me that it went through enough to recognize the OS because that is the Gingerbread logo correct? But immediately after that it goes back into bootloader and I try to Wipe data and cache and to no avail. So this is my next resort. Asking all of you what in the world this Droid X is doing and why did it grow a mind of it's own all of a sudden. Someone please help.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
White is froyo...
I'd try doing another sbf to 602 and see how it acts
If it keeps acting like that... Probably damaged... imo

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

nemosfate

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
White is froyo...
I'd try doing another sbf to 602 and see how it acts
If it keeps acting like that... Probably damaged... imo

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

+1 could've possibly been a bad download but as Nemo.a said if it doesn't work after multiple tries it could be a bad phone

Graphics Team @ Android Creative Syndicate