Storm User turned Droid fan..

dawg2009

Reaction score
Hello all my name is Jeremiah I recently switched over to Droid from the miserable storm... anyways glad to be here still trying to figure it out but that part of the fun.. any and all advice is appreciated merry christmas everyone....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll find a lot of reformed former Storm users now with the Droid phone. Glad you're one of them and enjoy the new phone and welcome to the best droid forum on the web!

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You'll find a lot of reformed former Storm users now with the Droid phone. Glad you're one of them and enjoy the new phone and welcome to the best droid forum on the web!

You got that right! I am one for sure! To the OP :welcome: to the forum and the Droid army

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many of us were former Storm owners and trust me, we are the one's who really appreciate the Droid.:)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think Storm owners have a special appreciation for the Droid... myself included. Probably because of the crippled device we came from :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We all had to go through the withdrawal of not pulling the Droid battery every 5 minutes or in our sleep too.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever fully recover from that whole battery pull fiasco. I mean, seriously, that's a KNOWN resolution for issues? I HATED that with a passion.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever fully recover from that whole battery pull fiasco. I mean, seriously, that's a KNOWN resolution for issues? I HATED that with a passion.
Here I am...a 50 year old fart saying "I will show you this new app on my Storm, but first...yup first I have to pull the battery"...they're like "huh, my LG 8700 doesn't do that......" Sort of embarassing. With the Droid, it's like "hey check out this new app...." and it works every time.

rkca

Reaction score
My name is Rick. I switched from the Storm to Droid. Absolutely no regrets except one - The Brick Breaker game that Storm has is very addictive and was real good. Bottom line the Droid blows Storm away and I do not miss the Iphone I had before I switched to Verizon.

vm2001

Reaction score
I also recently switched from the storm to droid. Allow me to explain the diference between these phones. Basically the storm is like the Iphone, you do what they tell you to do. Owning the droid is the same as purchasing a PC (not a Mac) You can do whatever your imagination alows you to do :) .... Ive had blackberry phones for about 4 years and didnt have as many apps as i did the first week i purchased the droid. currently 5 home screens full working on filling the rest of my 2 home screens :icon_ banana:

boatman2220

Reaction score
Former Storm owner myself. I can't truthfully bad mouth the Storm. (OK I can ) It did it's job and I'd gotten used to it. Checked out the Droid, did a little research and here we all are. We can appreciate this by looking back to where we came from. I'm pretty sure we all could have had a IPhone. Most of us choose not to go that route. So welcome, and we've got your back.

OP
dawg2009

dawg2009

Reaction score
Thank you all, I have had my droid for about two weeks now and am loving playing with all the apps it seems endless which Im love. I gave my brother my old storm cause he just had to have it. He lasted a week and gave it back its now gonna be an offical paper weight on my desk ...lol

jcrim13

Reaction score
I've been a berry user for years... and I got a lot of mileage out of my old Storm.. not that I didn't want to chuck it against the wall sometimes.. but now that I've had the droid for a few weeks it easy to recognize this is simply superior technology. I'm very very pleased with the functionality.