Stopping Vcast Manager website

stryguy

Reaction score
Anyone know how to stop my computer from loading the Vcast manager download website every single time I plug my phone into my computer?

theproles

Reaction score
Stop verizon website from opening when droid is plugged in

Actually this is a pretty easy thing to do.

1. Look to the bottom-right-hand corner of your screen near your clock and date (I'm assuming you're using a PC, not a Mac).
  2. Right-click on the Motorola symbol. You may have to click the up arrow if you're using Windows 7.
  3. Click "When phone connects, launch..."
  4. Select "Nothing"
That's it. The next time you plug your phone in it shouldn't do anything.dancedroid

Enjoy the peacefulness of knowing you have full control again.

OP
S

stryguy

Reaction score
WOW Thank you so much! Worked like a charm. What a relief.

Dragonii

Reaction score
"Thank you" from me as well.

Damn Vcast software won't even work with a 64 bit OS.

Get with the times Verizon!

theproles

Reaction score
No problem.I'm just glad it actually worked for someone else. I agree, verizon must not be aware of the huge increase of 64 bit users out there. For once I was actually willing to try proprietary software, but I'm not partitioning for a 32 bit install just so I can use vz manager. Now a virtual box, well that's another story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

darthrogue

Reaction score
I have 64-bit Windows 7 and I still had to listen to the annoying lady... Still have yet to try anything else

laubin

Reaction score
I agree

"Thank you" from me as well.

Damn Vcast software won't even work with a 64 bit OS.

Get with the times Verizon!

And I agree!! Verizon with all their billions of $$ should be able to afford a decent programmer or company to put together a 64 bit version for those of us using 64 bit Windows..

There Verizon Call Assistant is a joke too. I've never had so many problems with a program as that one. Come on Verizon, update these programs for 2010..

:blackdroid:

IamGod2U

Reaction score
Thanks very much. I just got my X and it was making me mental...

edgekrusher187

Reaction score
Thanks! that chicks voice freaked me out when I first plugged my phone in. Just wasn't expecting it

lonnypaul

Reaction score
I didn't try the Verizon branded version due to it's potential for OEM bloat, and went straight for the (I believe original) Motorola Media Link Software you can get at this download link: Motorola Media Link - Motorola, Inc. USA

I am running 64-bit Windows 7, and it obtained 64-bit updates during the install (or after reboot, I'm not quite sure). Works quite well.

enderlame

Reaction score
Works for me

I just changed the setting on the Motorola app in the tray (bottom right corner of PC screen) as described in this thread. The result was just what I'd wanted on my Windows 7 64-bit PC with its brand spanking new Droid X plugging in. Thanks!