Stopping New Update?

JimiMack

Reaction score
I have been getting that forced download for the new update every time I start my phone. How do I stop the phone from searching and downloading the new update, I do not want?

newbroot83

Reaction score
Theres a file youd have to erase after you rooted the phone. I cant remember exactly which one but im sure someone will chime in shortly with the true answer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mtmichaelson

Reaction score
I just made a new thread with it! Let me know how it works and if you have any issues!!!

xXxGeek

Reaction score
I have been getting that forced download for the new update every time I start my phone. How do I stop the phone from searching and downloading the new update, I do not want?

I have been able to freeze my Mobile Update Client with System Cleanup App from "Play Store", after downloading app, start and go to "Apps" go down the list until you find "Software Update/com.innopath.activecare" tap on and choose "freeze" then reboot your device.

Must have Root to freeze a system application!

TrdLtly

Reaction score
I have been able to freeze my Mobile Update Client with System Cleanup App from "Play Store", after downloading app, start and go to "Apps" go down the list until you find "Software Update/com.innopath.activecare" tap on and choose "freeze" then reboot your device.

Must have Root to freeze a system application!

Thanks for posting Geek and thanks for asking JimiMack. This worked for me.