stock droid, 2.2 + lookout = trouble?

RoyR80

Reaction score
Ok, lets not shoot the messenger first, plz.

So here the deal. A friend of my has a stock droid1, got the OTA 2.2 and hiz fone went stupid, literally. he'd make a txt, and bam, itd get sent to a totally diff contact. and other random programs got/went funky. he took it to verizon, they gave him a new one.(droid1, stock, 2.2)
he reset all things back to the way they where and symptoms came rite back.
So he went to verizon and a diff tech. this one went thru hiz fone with him and said ahh, "lookout", thats ur problem. confused but unsure, he removed the app in the store. to hiz surprise, his droid behaves...? has anyone else seen this?

i know task killer is funked up in stock-ROM 2.2's (but thats a diff thread) ;-)

kyle2351

Reaction score
re

i got the lookout app and it work good for me but i am on a droid1 rooted 2.2 and its not doing that on my droids and it work on stock 2.2
may be you just got the bad app and not the one that work

Ok, lets not shoot the messenger first, plz.

So here the deal. A friend of my has a stock droid1, got the OTA 2.2 and hiz fone went stupid, literally. he'd make a txt, and bam, itd get sent to a totally diff contact. and other random programs got/went funky. he took it to verizon, they gave him a new one.(droid1, stock, 2.2)
he reset all things back to the way they where and symptoms came rite back.
So he went to verizon and a diff tech. this one went thru hiz fone with him and said ahh, "lookout", thats ur problem. confused but unsure, he removed the app in the store. to hiz surprise, his droid behaves...? has anyone else seen this?

i know task killer is funked up in stock-ROM 2.2's (but thats a diff thread) ;-)