Stock 2.1 apps vs sence inspired apps

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
hi, kinda a newbie at this stuff so please forgive if this is a dumb question :p

i am planning on getting the htc incredible when it is released. i HATE the sense ui on htc devices. i understand how to change the home screen to look like the default stock look but i know htc messes with some on the defualt apps on the phone too.

can I get the stock 2.1 android apps (such as music player, internet browser and unlock screen) i want it to look like the moto droid.

if this is possible can I get some step by step instructions (for a dumbie) on how to add the stock apps and get rid on the htc inspired apps.

also if you want i would love it if some one would one on one chat with me on how to do this.

Thanks!

tktouch12

Reaction score
um, i personally really love the htc apps better, but the only way i can think of that would work is if it gets rooted and then we install the default android apps somehow. i dont really know for sure though.
how about this, i'll trade you my droid for your incredible?.. JK.
I'm sure we can probably just install the apk, might not even need to be rooted

wirezd

Reaction score
you do realize they are there for a reason, right?

I used to not like the look of the HTC app icons but once you use the apps and realize how much better they are than the stock apps you won't have any problem with it. Give it time.

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
ok thanks to both of you! i will give the sense apps a try. but if i dont like them tktouch12 could you go over where to download this "apk" file i keep hear about? also what i do with it haha.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i almost guarantee you'll like them better. i use an htc rom on my droid i like them so much.
well, the apks come from a 2.1 droid phone. all the roms on this site have all the apks you need. i can give you specific instructions, but i dont even know this this will really work.

basically, you download a 2.1 rom, extract all the apks of the apps you want, then install them onto your incredible. but i dont know if you can without being rooted (which probably cant be done to the incredible yet)

OP
B

bckcntryski36

Reaction score
ok thanks so much. i guess i will wait on changing it until i give it a try and from you guys are saying im sure i will like it.